Two scenery anomalies

Jack Sawyer

I will leave the full explanation of the black rivers to the experts but from what I understand there is a conflict with Vector roads and the rivers. I recently did a flight along the Snake River and had several locations where the river turned black.

Here we go Jack, hope this helps

1 minute ago, VH-KDK said:

I will leave the full explanation of the black rivers to the experts but from what I understand there is a conflict with Vector roads and the rivers. I recently did a flight along the Snake River and had several locations where the river turned black.

Here we go Jack, hope this helps

Thanks VH.  I spent the last week installing all my regions and now I'm still downloading all my airports to install.  Just tonight I installed the two LC's then flew there in the N/A LC.  I still have yet to install Vector, maybe tomorrow.

1 minute ago, dbutterf said:

I think the black rivers are due to having 'Frozen Surfaces' item checked in Vector Configurator.

Try unchecking it and see what happens

Dayle

Thanks Dayle, but I don't have Vector installed yet.

That is not a good screenshot.  It doesn't show the black section connected at either end of the shot with perfectly straight lines to blue water.

Perhaps when I install Vector, hopefully today as I have another 25 products to install, mostly airports, it will remedy that, but if not then I can live with it.

Hi Jack,

Floating autogen is a known issue with the FSX/P3D engines. You can fix this by reloading the scenery library when you're in the simulator (just go world -> scenery library and then click apply/ok). That should lower all the autogen to the ground.

I think the black river issue is just the water lighting in Prepar3D. Do you see a distinct seam between black river and normal river? Or is all of the water the same black colour?

11 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Jack,

Floating autogen is a known issue with the FSX/P3D engines. You can fix this by reloading the scenery library when you're in the simulator (just go world -> scenery library and then click apply/ok). That should lower all the autogen to the ground.

I think the black river issue is just the water lighting in Prepar3D. Do you see a distinct seam between black river and normal river? Or is all of the water the same black colour?

Hi Ben and thanks, I'll reload the scenery, that's easy but as for the black river, yes, I should have had a better screenshot, I can post one, but there is a perfectly straight line between the blue and black on both ends of the river in that screenshot.

Hi Jack,

the black water is probably the odd interaction between the seasonal water and adjacent road skirting specific to P3D; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/103216-nrm-water-issue-and-floating-houses/

That's why all North American FTX regions now have the option to uncheck the automatically "freezing" water feature while flying in summer months. Check the NRM control panel.

Cheers, Holger 

1 minute ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Jack,

the black water is probably the odd interaction between the seasonal water and adjacent road skirting specific to P3D; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/103216-nrm-water-issue-and-floating-houses/

That's why all North American FTX regions now have the option to uncheck the automatically "freezing" water feature while flying in summer months. Check the NRM control panel.

Cheers, Holger 

Thanks Holger, I'll bet that fixes it.  I'll print this out as a reminder.

Best regards.

Jack

Archived