OrbxLibs 052816 Blurries and slow loads

jalbrech

Well, FTXCentral 2.1 auto reloaded when I went to check on it. I did a ORBXLib 052816 update as suggested.   Back to problems.  Here is Washington DC ... looking for wrong textures and taking forever to load autogen.  

Order: FSS0261388

Jay A.

WashingtonDC.png

Hi all,

If you're experiencing blurry textures, please try deleting the contents of the following directories (of course, replace "Prepar3D v3" with your applicable simulator):

• %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes
  • %localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

Let me know if this stops your blurry textures

1 hour ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi all,

If you're experiencing blurry textures, please try deleting the contents of the following directories (of course, replace "Prepar3D v3" with your applicable simulator):

• %localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders

Let me know if this stops your blurry textures

Ben, for FSX I take it there is no "Indexes" equivalent?  Any other tips for FSX users to reclaim pre-migration performance?

Thanks.

I am advidly following all these topics so that I can see how I might fix my issues.

Lets be clear, some of us have FSX, some P3DV3 and some like me have both. I said this days ago, we are getting advice mixed up between the two sims, threads have become unwieldy long and difficult to follow.

I want solutions for both sims please.  I want an easy way of finding the advice please.

I did a rerun of  the libraries for FSX and hoped it might fix my issues, it did not.  I have blurries in FSX and for example my Newfoundland (as I posted yesterday) looks like New Zealand, rolling farmlands with hedge rows of trees, where in fact its barren rock and scrub trees in reality and was so before I migrated.

Appreciate you quick response Ben.  I have never in all my years with FSX even known of the existence of the SceneryIndexes folder, thanks for that.  And also for all your efforts in getting us sorted out, particularly during your 'vacation' (as redefined).

I've previously cleared my fsx shaders several times but with no appreciable results, however not in conjunction with deleting the SceneryIndex entries. I'll certainly give this a go.

5 minutes ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Paddy,

Just delete the contents of those folders

In the shaders folder are some sub folders e.g mis,terrain and so on.These folders i have to delete?or the contents of these folders.Sorry but iam a new simmer :)

Post - Cache/Indexing clearing report:

Just south of LIPB Bolzano heading S, speed 100kn and looking E from the valley.

blurries2.jpg

blurries3.jpg

blurries1.jpg

The 2nd pic seems to suggest, as I've found similarly in other locations, that only certain textures remain blurred while others do fine.  In the 2nd pic you will notice at the far left that the cliff face has mostly resolved while the adjacent texture remains blurred.  This particular blurred texture never became sharper even when flying totally by it.

In certain areas the nearer textures remain blurred while other different textures further away are sharp, which seems odd.

It also seems to me that the blurries are more apparent with the larger textures than the smaller ones.  I 'think,' unless it's my wishful thinking, that the clearing of the scenery/indexing files may have improved the blurriness of the smaller textures, but not the larger ones.

It is important to note that these same textures were perfectly fine pre-migration and with my usual fsx.cfg entries;  I use this location for a test area as I know it well.

FSX DX9

Global, NA/EU LC, Vector, Pago, PNG, numerous regions and all Orbx freeware airports installed.

Migration 'seemed' to go well and libraries were installed from a zip download, not through FTX Central.

Hoping that the team can find further clues in the above.

2 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi fuzz1,

There is a SceneryIndexes for FSX. Here are the adjusted paths that should work for FSX users:

• %programdata%\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
  • %localappdata%\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

Hi Ben, when you type out localappdata, is this the same as C > Users > Jetline > AppData > Local > Raoming ?

Sorry but I'm confused as I need exact paths.

I can't do it now anyway, we're getting an extreme lightning storm right now here in KATL and power is fixin' about to go out so the PC is off.

Hi Ben, I need to do this on both sims.  I can find the first one no problem.

However, on the second one when you say localappdata do you mean a path like this:

C > Users > Jetline > AppData > Local > Microsoft > FSX > Shaders because IT has five folders in it, Common, FixedFunction, General, Misc, Terrain.

Do I delete all these folders or just what's inside the folders?

Sorry if this was already asked.

I can help with that Jack.  Delete the folders ...i.e. common, etc.,  in the ...FSX/Shaders directory;  delete the actual files within the Scenery Indexes folder.

Don't panic, like I did, if this all takes a while to rebuild.  In my case I got stuck at 38%, nearly experiencing a coronary as it took a further 10 min's for it to move from there.  It took about 20 min's in total to rebuild so be warned.  In the end the process appeared to complete properly.

7 minutes ago, fuzz1 said:

I can help with that Jack.  Delete the folders ...i.e. common, etc.,  in the ...FSX/Shaders directory;  delete the actual files within the Scenery Indexes folder.

Don't panic, like I did, if this all takes a while to rebuild.  In my case I got stuck at 38%, nearly experiencing a coronary as it took a further 10 min's for it to move from there.  It took about 20 min's in total to rebuild so be warned.  In the end the process appeared to complete properly.

Thanks fuzz.

I have to do this in two sims!

It took me a while to find the directories,

Then someone said we should run that cdm line prompt too for rerunning the migration routine.

So I still have to do all this.

6 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi Paddy,

Just delete the contents of those folders

Ben, since I deleted the contents of the scenery indexes folder I have updating scenery indexes every time I start FsX.

3 minutes ago, rogera said:

Ben, since I deleted the contents of the scenery indexes folder I have updating scenery indexes every time I start FsX.

Hmmmmm.  Well, I haven't done it yet but since I see this I think I'll wait.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this. 

And I wonder why this is happening?

7 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Hi fuzz1,

There is a SceneryIndexes for FSX. Here are the adjusted paths that should work for FSX users:

Hi Ben,

This is really great info!  I had not heard of rebuilding the SceneryIndexes for FSX. After reading your note I figured it would be like chicken soup for a cold -- can’t hurt -- although my recent FSX re-install was about par for the course after the migration.  

After rebuilding the FSX SceneryIndexes I was greatly surprised to find that my  textures are now far sharper, and maybe it could explain a puzzle.  During the beta tests of CAC8 most of the time the textures were much sharper in P3D than in FSX, however at one point Rob posted a few shots from FSX that were crystal clear. And shortly thereafter, that clarity disappeared for some reason.  Rob didn’t know why. Of course beta testers are constantly installing, uninstalling, re-installing all sorts of things. Maybe in the process the scenery indices might get corrupted. Could that be possible?

I did this, blurries are still there. I tested by attempting a flight in a Cessna from KDCA to KBWI.  All started ok in DC, but got increasingly blurry as I moved NE toward BWI.  No improvement.

Thanks Ben for the suggestion, anyway.  

By the way, using FSX.

Jay A.

5 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Ben,

This is really great info!  I had not heard of rebuilding the SceneryIndexes for FSX. After reading your note I figured it would be like chicken soup for a cold -- can’t hurt -- although my recent FSX re-install was about par for the course after the migration.  

After rebuilding the FSX SceneryIndexes I was greatly surprised to find that my  textures are now far sharper, and maybe it could explain a puzzle.  During the beta tests of CAC8 most of the time the textures were much sharper in P3D than in FSX, however at one point Rob posted a few shots from FSX that were crystal clear. And shortly thereafter, that clarity disappeared for some reason.  Rob didn’t know why. Of course beta testers are constantly installing, uninstalling, re-installing all sorts of things. Maybe in the process the scenery indices might get corrupted. Could that be possible?

Did absolutely nothing for me.

16 hours ago, rogera said:

Update: The issue was that after the scenery index was cleared I had to manually shut down the pc because the sim froze so the index rebuilding didn't take. Today I rebuilt the scenery indexes and then closed the sim hence saving it for the next flight. Now the sim is much smoother and so far no lock-ups freezing the sim. So good advice there Ben!

28 minutes ago, rogera said:

Update: The issue was that after the scenery index was cleared I had to manually shut down the pc because the sim froze so the index rebuilding didn't take. Today I rebuilt the scenery indexes and then closed the sim hence saving it for the next flight. Now the sim is much smoother and so far no lock-ups freezing the sim. So good advice there Ben!

Thanks for posting about this Roger, I was holding off.

Have a nice day.

Jack

• 2 months later...

Hi fuzz1,

Hello,

I am unable to find the marked part in red to the shaders Folder. Am I missing something here our could it be that this Folder does not exist in my FSX Installation ?

Best regards,

Jörg

For Prepar 3D v3 Shader folder is here:

► Computer ► Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► your user name ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D ► Shaders

+

and will be ok (I think) .

Archived