CAC8 Nanaimo Seaplane Base P3Dv3 Area A B

I should have mentioned that the ferries are the result of Larry Robinson's BC Ferry system addon (as well as the Washington State Ferry system)  located at this link.  The ferry terminals, piers, etc are in the CAC8 scenery, but the actual ferries are from his Maritime Scenery.  Great combination!  And all FREE.

Maritime Scenery for FSX / P3D

Nice screen shots of the Nanaimo Harbour and Departure Bay Ferry.  One quick thing, the transit bus parked at the ferry terminal needs to be pointing the other direction and just on the other side of the crosswalk.  This is where we stop to pick up and drop off passengers at the terminal.  Thanks.

I hate this.

It's going to ruin all other seaplane bases for me in the sim.

Unless of course this effort spawns the new Freeware Seabase Packs Project for NA and Europe ...and beyond ;) 

Outstanding work Rob.

20 minutes ago, fuzz1 said:

I hate this.

It's going to ruin all other seaplane bases for me in the sim.

Unless of course this effort spawns the new Freeware Seabase Packs Project for NA and Europe ...and beyond ;) 

Outstanding work Rob.

Wouldn't that be wonderful!   Credit goes to Larry Roninson who is the developer.  I'm just a humble tester......but happy to play with it!

3 hours ago, Tom Brooks said:

One quick thing, the transit bus parked at the ferry terminal needs to be pointing the other direction and just on the other side of the crosswalk.  This is where we stop to pick up and drop off passengers at the terminal.  Thanks.

Hi Tom, in this case I can fix that, although it requires re-compiling the entire model of the area. The destination indicators on the bus are probably wrong too, but I hope that can be overlooked.  I hate to think of how many other such errors are present. But at a certain point I have to give up or this will never be released. The taxis in the area  are reasonably authentic by the way, done with photo-textures of a Nanaimo taxi. Wrong car make and model though, how awful.

Larry its possible you may be forgiven for such transgressions but please be certain to at least animate the cab passengers screaming as I buzz them in my Goose.

Kidding aside, I can't recall the last time I was this excited about an aircraft facility release.  Absolutely incredible work, thanks so much for all your efforts.

19 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hi Tom, in this case I can fix that, although it requires re-compiling the entire model of the area. The destination indicators on the bus are probably wrong too, but I hope that can be overlooked.  I hate to think of how many other such errors are present. But at a certain point I have to give up or this will never be released. The taxis in the area  are reasonably authentic by the way, done with photo-textures of a Nanaimo taxi. Wrong car make and model though, how awful.

Hi Larry, actually the taxi cabs are fine and I don't think I will fly close enough to the buses to see what signs they are reading.  The bus going the other direction would be the best being it's the most noticeable at the ferry terminal.  Sorry to give you more work. Tom.

Archived