FTX NZMF & NZQN show stopper bug following first time installation of FTX Global Base & Vector

GL_FSX

Immediately after the installation of FTX Global Base & Vector a few days ago I experienced serious show stopper issues with FTX NZMF & NZQN. Whereas both airfields worked fine and flawlessly by perfectly blending into the my FS GLOBAl 2010 mesh – I now can´t even take off from NZMF anymore with the aircraft suddenly loosing its footing, sinking into the ground and FSX crashing seconds prior to actually taking off. NZQM contours look totally disrupted. Thus – urgent advise is needed with regard to fixing the above mentioned issue(s). Any solution-oriented feedback is highly appreciated !!

PS: I did perform a backup of my \Scenery\World\Texture folder, off course – but simply going back to what I had before already is not what the whole exercise has been all about  !!

My ORBX Products

FTX Global: 486168 Global BASE & Global VECTOR // FTX Global openLC: 488588 Europe & North America – Alaska/Canada // 175159 NZ North Island // 157647: AU YBBN; & AU YBCS & AU YMML // 401060 NZMF & NZQN NZ South Island (Pre-Pay)  4803 AUBlue // 6840 & 11693 AUGold // 12005 AUGreen // 17615 AURed // 138027   Oceania:

USA/Canada: 51904 PNW // 88530 Northern Rockies / 109044 Pacific Fjords // 157647 Central Rockies // Europe: 187415 England

NZMF_02.JPG

NZMF_03.JPG

Hi there,

this type of issue typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flight sim directory for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *NZMF*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of that such a list can be seen here (except that we really only need to see files with .bgl extension listed): http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/107783-kors-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=970703

Cheers, Holger

@Holger Sandmann

Thank's for your suggestion - it reminded me of the fact, that I indeed added some addtl, files quite a few years ago to correct for/fixing some quite similar irregulaties for NZMF when using the Pilots global software only. Enclosed please find two files listing the *NZMF*.bgl's. You'll probably recognize them immediately - so your advice on how to proceed is highly welcome !! YET - do you think, the presence of thevery same files also explain the issues i do have with NZQN ?

Thank's in advance for your reply

NZMF_BGL01.JPG

NZMF_BGL02.JPG

The forums mention the cure for this is to reinstall both airports.  I don't have Milford but do have Queenstown which was giving the erratic elevations.

I have just re-installed NZQN and everything looks fine

Nigel

Vancouver

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Nigel - thank you for your suggestion. I did follow it and reinstalled NZMF/NZQN - yet with very (!) dissapointing results ... i.e. nothing happened, situation unchanged.

@Holger Sandmann - as re-installation of NZMF/NZQN didn´t help ( see above ) may I ask you for your feedback again. Not being an expert I´d certainly appreciate your (step by step?) suggestion(s) and would be happy to follow ... is it, that I simply have to delete some (of the old) files ?

Gruß aus Berlin

Hi there,

in your list above it shows that the three Vector files that adjust the NZMF elevation are still active (5th to 3rd from the bottom). Instead, if the AEC tool was run -- including pressing Apply !!! -- you should have

ABP_NZMF.inactive

AEC_NZMF.inactive

APT_NZMF.inactive

The key file here is AEC_NZMF as it is the one that will clash with the NZSI elevation adjustment while the other two are excluded or overwritten by NZSI. If your auto-scan doesn't include NZMF you can manually search for it and then make sure it's on the inactive, right-hand side in the scanner menu.

Other than that I'm not seeing any third-party NZMF files in your list so it looks like the Vector files are the culrpit. 

Cheers, Holger

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Holger - once again thank you for your feedback - read you loud and clear ! As I understand it I might have run the AEC tool without pressing the apply button. Yet while trying to fix this (i.e. by going back to FTX Central- Settings- Tools ) in order to run the Vector Airport Elevation Configuration Tool again I had to realize that I can't find the tool in the very same location again ?!?? What's next ?

Yours sincerely

Gernot

Diagnostic report.JPG

FTX Central_Part I.JPG

FTX Central_Part II.JPG

Hi there,

I'm not sure I understand the issue. The FTX Global Vector Configuration Tool is listed as expected. Are you saying nothing happens when you click on its entry?

An alternative starting point is via the Windows Start Menu > All Programs > Orbx > FTX Vector Configurator.

Cheers, Holger 

PROBLEM SOLVED !!

Dear Holger, dear Nick ... Thank´you once again for your feedback and your patience with a somehow "green / uncomprehending" user like me asking for a quick fix. In carefully reading following your suggestions step by step I´ve solved my "problems" by using the automatic procedure and clickling "apply" button. It´s been as easy as that and I feel very much relieved !! Great support and highly appreciated 

Archived