Roads are dotted with white squares

YAMBA1

Good Day everyone,

I just rediscovered , since I am retired, the joy of flying. So You may call me a "Newbie"  ON my FSX ,  I installed Orbx Global Base ( FSS0488853)  and the Australia SP4 (486210), including  some ORBX Airports scenery payware.I followed pretty well  all the instructions including the  the recommended set up, as per Orbx User Guide .  I read  also about the  folders hierarchy and their  correct placement within the library . 

So here is the problem:  I found that the roads , namely the highways are  dotted with white little squares. This  can be  seen at low  or high altitude (as per screen shot below) I am not sure  if this has  anything to do with FTX Central  under the Settings/General/Scenery/ Use vector road lights ,  i have the box  ticked . This said  I haven't yet installed  FTX Global Vector.  I am  not sure  by installing this product,  it will eliminate  those small cubes on the spline of the  roads .

Any suggestions  would be welcome 

Charles

Specs HP with  Win 10: CPU: i7 870 , 2.95 GHz , 12 Gb Memory   GPU: AMD Radeon R250 2 GB

Dots Hwy.BMP

I cant access the BMP image as I get a 404 error. I suspect that all other forum members are the same.

Could you convert the BMP to JPG using Microsoft Paint found in the windows accessories folder, and then drag the JPG file onto the lower left hand corner of the submit reply dialogue box where it says "Drag files here" and has a paperclip.

Hi. Think that what you are seeing is supposed to be traffic on the roads, albeit flat ones. Perhaps some one with a bit more experience scenery wise than me can explain it. Do you still get moving traffic on other roads, and do you know there is a little program on the Orbx site some where to slow the traffic down to a more reasonable speed. Sorry couldn't be more . Derek.

Thank you for you  kind reply. Oops something did go wrong on my upload  : as suggested I changed the file jpg. I do not think that those elusive Little squares are traffic , as they will be moving . They seem to be 2 to 300 meters a part in real life ! ( roughly calculated from knowledge of the terrain) Those  small squares  are just  bellow the carriage  of the  plane and are  following the road. Houses, usually  do not  show up in this manner 

Charles 

Dots_on _Road.jpg

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your input, I had SP1 installed , but not SP2 . So SP2 with acceleration is now also  installed.   and it seems the problem is solved  and works well . However I also did uninstall all of the Freeware Scenery , and will re-install then  one by one just in case one of them was  the culprit .

Best Regards to all  who have helped 

Charles 

Archived