From KSTS to the Bay in an ever changing Staggerwing

andy1252

Got another new toy. Can't seem to make its mind up what it wants to look like though.

A little run from Sonoma down to SF Bay (where I ran out of memory, as usual)

ScreenShot2016-05-0915-28.jpg

then it morphed into the company plane -

ScreenShot2016-05-0920-59.jpg

ScreenShot2016-05-0921-03.jpg

then it went all Brit on me

ScreenShot2016-05-1010-32.jpg

This is one fun aircraft

ScreenShot2016-05-1010-36.jpg

ScreenShot2016-05-1015-53001.jpg

ScreenShot2016-05-1015-53.jpg

just as I was getting used to it -

ScreenShot2016-05-1015-55.jpg

ScreenShot2016-05-1015-57.jpg

and again -

ScreenShot2016-05-1015-59.jpg

ScreenShot2016-05-1016-01.jpg

ScreenShot2016-05-1016-03.jpg

and then it went back to corporate mode before getting all oom on me (too much scenery active around SF)

ScreenShot2016-05-1016-15.jpg

ScreenShot2016-05-1016-17.jpg

I really like the idea of flying around over this stuff in Orbx colours, it makes all the little pixel people down there feel good.

Enjoy (I did)

LOL!  I love your narrative!  I was laughing out loud.  Where did you get that plane?  I like it.  Sadly, I too, with FSX get OOM's in that area but I understand it's not Orbx's fault.  From what I have read it was ACES's fault.  San Francisco, Seattle, and a few others are very hard hitters.

But you screenshots are really nice.

3 minutes ago, JS07 said:

LOL!  I love your narrative!  I was laughing out loud.  Where did you get that plane?  I like it.  Sadly, I too, with FSX get OOM's in that area but I understand it's not Orbx's fault.  From what I have read it was ACES's fault.  San Francisco, Seattle, and a few others are very hard hitters.

Thanks folks

Hi Jack (that'll get me logged by NSA), the plane is Alabeo's D17 Staggerwing, and I got mine from Just Flight. The repaints you can download from the Aerosoft forum. And the OOMs are my own fault as I have Flightbeam's SFO HD plus Aerosoft's San Fran X on top of Orbx's NCA, plus KSQL, plus Ceilosim's KPAO. Oh, and all my sliders set to max! I kinda like that area and want to see as much of it in as much detail as I can. I just have to be picky about settings if I use any of those airports to fly from. But if I'm just tootling around and head into that area I just take my chances and see how far I get before it goes blank on me.

17 minutes ago, JS07 said:

What will get you logged by the NSA?  

Thanks, I just looked at the plane, very nice.

Why are the OOM's your fault?  Sorry for so many questions.

But awesome screen shots!

Hi Jack (say it quickly and if the NSA and GCHQ really are monitoring everything . . . <grin>), and the OOMs are my fault for having all that HD scenery active at the same time, particularly the KSFO stuff. As you get nearer it tries to all load up and boom! If I want to actually use KSFO, I have to dial a load of my scenery/quality settings down and probably also turn off some of the other stuff. Sometimes if I start from there it's ok, as long as I can get far enough away quickly enough. If I know I'm going to be flying around the bay area but not using KSFO I really should turn that airport off in the scenery library and use the NCA version, but I usually forget!

Just now, andy1252 said:

Hi Jack (say it quickly and if the NSA and GCHQ really are monitoring everything . . . <grin>), and the OOMs are my fault for having all that HD scenery active at the same time, particularly the KSFO stuff. As you get nearer it tries to all load up and boom! If I want to actually use KSFO, I have to dial a load of my scenery/quality settings down and probably also turn off some of the other stuff. Sometimes if I start from there it's ok, as long as I can get far enough away quickly enough. If I know I'm going to be flying around the bay area but not using KSFO I really should turn that airport off in the scenery library and use the NCA version, but I usually forget!

I get it.  Yeah, when I fly I tell them my name is Ned. B)  The NSA and all those spooks can monitor me all they want, all they'll ever see is news sites and Orbx visits!  

Yeah, on my Orbx airport tour I took from FSDT's version 1 KSFO and by the time I hit KSTS I was chiming.

I might uninstall KSFO for that very reason.  It's just too much load on the system.

Ever notice how Orbx does NOT have this problem yet other's do?  Even Meigs which I love has an interior but I don't come close to OOM'ing there.

6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Also can you tell me where to find that red/white/blue paint?

Hi Ryan, the forum at Aerosoft is where I got that, the Orbx and the black one, and Flightsim.com has the others (incl the camo one).

Archived