Fort McMurray Alberta

Ziggy

I haven't posted in a while because I have been trying to get the best shots possible and wanted my 4000th post to be full of special screen shots to show to this forum community that I love so much.

Instead I'll show two shots of Fort McMurray Alberta,  A place that has given me an opportunity to help support my young family and also the ability to afford to be able to enjoy my hobby of flight simulation.

As many of you know, this City is in ruins and 90,000 people are without homes to go to for the foreseeable future and many have no homes to go to at all because of an unstoppable wild fire that at last count was a massive 850sq kms large and has created its own inferno weather system with lightning strikes creating more fires, To get an idea of what people were and are going through, Google (Fort McMurray wild fire)

I for one will be going up to Ft.Mac to help clean up and rebuild when we are able and I pledge to other Albertains and Canadians to do the same if possible.

I drive by one of the evacuation centers everyday on my way to work and see so many families,many with young children that have nothing left to go back to, I can't imagine. Thank goodness no one was seriously injured or killed and thank goodness these people still have each other.

To the Fire fighters and Police as well as the brave people who drove up the highway into harms way to give Gas,Food and Water to those who were trying to escape, You are all amazing people.

As well to Westjet and Canada North and many others for airlifting people out of harms way, Well done.

If at all possible please donate to the Canadian Red Cross as many more donations are needed.

www.redcross.ca/donate

2016-5-6_8-53-59-639.jpg

2016-5-6_8-52-6-572.jpg

Alberta Strong!!!!!

Helping others is the noble thing to do. Canada is one of the best countries in the world and Canadians won't turn their backs to this tragedy. Always hoping for the best. 

A terrible time for all of the folks out there. Watched on the news last night and could not believe the damage being done.

The main thing is that there have been no fatalities or serious injuries.

Good luck to all of you over there and lets hope it soon rains.

All of your kind comments are very much appreciated.

The good news (if you can call it that) is that the fire is now moving away from communities at this point but the bad news is that it has grown to over 1000sq km and sadly one fatality has been reported

• 3 weeks later...

Greg, I appreciated your honorable heads up from some weeks ago. Maybe looking at the intact scenery through the simulator helps strengthen the mentality to rebuild the Fort. I planned a stop in Fort McMurray as part of my Canada tour. Learning about this fire shocked me deeply. Let me contribute a capture from above the city:

2016-5-26_18-59-59-230.jpg

All the best!

Archived