No runway lights at PAJN

I have approach lighting, the green runway approach end lights, and the red runway departure end lights.  I also have green taxiway center lights, blue taxiway edge lights, and lighted taxiway signs.

No runway edge lights.  No VASI.

P3D v3.1, SAK, PAJN

PAJNmissingrwylights.jpg

Did a bit more looking.  FTX Central set to North America or FTX Global with hybrid mode enabled makes no difference.  AEC tool has been run, but PAJN is not listed in either the enabled or disabled columns.

When I pan the view full down, I can see the lights peeking through the ground!

Is it the same for you Gordon?  I don't mean to hijack your question if your problem is different.

PAJN1rwylights.jpg

PAJN3rwylights.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/15/2016 at 1:45 AM, gordonhutchison said:

Any comment from devs on the issues at PAJN highlighted in this thread?

Wow, 30 days and not a single comment from staff??

- Problem posted in appropriate payware support forum? Check.

- Order number in signature? Check.

- Description of problem, including screenshots? Check

- Problem duplicated by another user? Check

I know that there are a lot of people posting across multiple forums with problems and I don't expect instant solutions, but 30 days without a response (let alone a solution) is unsatisfactory.

Hello,

I have seen and noted this topic.

Russ White was the developer of this airport.

I do see lights but in FSX which is of no help to P3D users.

I believe them to be default FSX runway lighting which of course features no 3D models.

For this reason I have not commented so far as I have nothing of value to say.

Sorry if you feel that the time delay is excessive but perhaps there is at present no known solution.

I will leave a message and ask someone who knows more about this than I do to have a look.

Thanks Nick.  The PAJN runway lights worked for me back when I was using FSX too.

It is good to know that the issue in P3D is noted and that a developer will take a look at it. :)

Please know that I do not expect every moderator or developer to instantly respond to each new support post.

I don't expect a solution to a problem within 30 days either.  

However, some sort of response from staff, within a couple/few days, goes a long way toward customer satisfaction.  30 days of silence was just my limit.

Something like, "Your problem is a new one to us and has been forwarded to the developer", is perfectly acceptable to me.

IMHO, some sort of follow up response from the developer, within a couple weeks, would also be a reasonable expectation.  Again, not necessarily a solution, but some sort of status on the problem or request for more details.

Hi Gents,

For unknown reason, the custom lights for the runway are broken into P3D. Here's a work around with stock lights:

PAJN_P3D.jpg

Not perfect but better than nothing. I enclose the file to paste into \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery (replace the existing one). Let me know if that's fine for you.

PAJN_ADEP2_TRB.BGL

3 hours ago, Richard Bui said:

Hi Gents,

For unknown reason, the custom lights for the runway are broken into P3D. Here's a work around with stock lights:

PAJN_P3D.jpg

Not perfect but better than nothing. I enclose the file to paste into \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAJN\Scenery (replace the existing one). Let me know if that's fine for you.

PAJN_ADEP2_TRB.BGL

Thank you Richard. :)

Your file gave me visible stock lights, which is fine for now.

Just FYI, the VASI are very dim (not sure if they are part of your file).

Will a permanent fix of the custom lights eventually be distributed via FTX Central, or do I need to keep an eye on this thread?

• 6 months later...

I know that this is an older thread, but has there ever been a real fix for this?  I just purchased PAJN recently, love the taxi and the taxi edge lights, would love to see the actual runway lights.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2016 at 7:44 PM, jdsams said:

I know that this is an older thread, but has there ever been a real fix for this?  I just purchased PAJN recently, love the taxi and the taxi edge lights, would love to see the actual runway lights.

Thanks

jdsams,

Orbx has not fixed the problem, to my knowledge.

My PAJN is up to date in FTX Central.  I just loaded a night flight and my "custom" runway lights are still broken.  

If I pan my external view all the way down, I can still see the "custom" lights peaking through the runway, while the "stock" lights, which Richard provided in his post above, float a couple feet above the runway.

Yeah, kinda what I figured. I think that the lights here were new models which do not work. I wish that I had the program to design the models myself, but probably too expensive and very time-consuming. Anyway, wish the could at least look like KJAC, at least those work in P3D

• 3 months later...

Archived