So exciting, new PC - Finally finished d/l of all Quad Installers

fltsimguy

What a great feeling. I waited 7 years for this upgrade.

My new build PC is setup (although I have many software programs and productivity software to install yet) among other things it looks like:

i7-1600 4 ghz. turbo skylake;  GTX970 4 Gb 7Ghz GDDR5;  ASUS Z170-A Skylake MB running Win7 Pro at this time, corsair gold power 850 W, corsair hydro cooling, 16 gigs G Skill Ripjaws RAM DDR4 2133 Mhz and much more.

Just finally completed tonight downloading 163 Gigs, 93 Quad Installers ready for P3Dv3 which I will run in parallel to FSX.

Now comes the slow and thoughtful reinstall of FSX and new install of P3Dv3.  Lots to consider. 

- had a very painful experience with activation on FSX again but successfully found a work around.

Now I can look to move out of GA flying into buying some high end heavies and bus jets and the like.

My old i7-920 GTX260 is being donated to a worthy cause once I clean off all the personal stuff and ensure my fsx reinstall is successful.

cheers.

Good luck with the installs, you should be able to run with some nice high settings with that build. My next step in the upgrade path is to change graphic card to a 4 gb card budget permitting, then I will think about going to P3d

According to my research this machine should do the ticket.  And down the road some I can upgrade it some more if necessary.

The FPS for my first launch was at KSEA, Seattle...with sliders to the max for everything, traffic set at 40% for everything and I ranged between 150 - 250....without any tweaks to the fsx.cfg which I will be doing as well of course.  And without firing up the OCing.

8 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hear! Hear! Enjoy the new machine!

Greetings,

Bermuda

Its unbelievable for me....like getting a brand new sim, I'm seeing stuff I hadn't seen before now that my sliders are far right.  And to fly so fast with out micro stutters and blurries.....its why I made this investment and its paying off.

I'm moving into adding my airports today and various addons...this will take another week for sure given that I do have a life outside of FS.  And then I have tons of utilities as well.

I built almost the same computer with same components for a friend a few months ago, but he plays high-end First Person Shooters, etc.  He was ecstatic with it, and he let me load FSX:Steam on it so I could see what it would do.  I haven't got around to building my new flight sim computer yet, but from what I saw with Steam on it, I'm gonna go pretty much the same route you did.  You're gonna love it even with a bunch of complex addons.  Enjoy!  And congratulations!   

7 hours ago, FalconAF said:

I built almost the same computer with same components for a friend a few months ago, but he plays high-end First Person Shooters, etc.  He was ecstatic with it, and he let me load FSX:Steam on it so I could see what it would do.  I haven't got around to building my new flight sim computer yet, but from what I saw with Steam on it, I'm gonna go pretty much the same route you did.  You're gonna love it even with a bunch of complex addons.  Enjoy!  And congratulations!   

Yesterday I loaded and flew around Melbourne and Brisbane. Previously I couldn't fly these airports. My machine would bog down. I am thrilled at getting up to 75 fps in those areas. 

6 hours ago, zoran said:

Is our your cpu a K? you may want to OC for even better results

Z170-a I thought. Anyway it can be OCed with the built in gui. It's either an a or Z not sure now but it rocks. 

Archived