New North and South America Airports Freeware Pack

Hi Martin,

instead of a text file, there's now a complete PDF list of all airports, which can be accessed from the Freeware page or FTX Central. In this list, the new airports are printed in bold, e.g. 1E4. There are also other explanations at the bottom of the document.

Greetings,

Bermuda

Thanks for doing this Bermuda.  Although I was able to download the PDF ok, unfortunately I'm having difficulty accessing the PDF from FTX Central?  I must be doing something incorrectly.

For those of us that have many other airports installed, a common text file of the new airports included would also be great as that makes it easier to copy and paste in the search box while tracking down conflicting airports within the add on scenery.

Apparently, there is a way to save the PDF to a common text file, but the new airports are not highlighted.

Thanks again for doing this Bermuda.

3 hours ago, Bermuda425 said:

Hi Martin,

instead of a text file, there's now a complete PDF list of all airports, which can be accessed from the Freeware page or FTX Central. In this list, the new airports are printed in bold, e.g. 1E4. There are also other explanations at the bottom of the document.

Greetings,

Bermuda

Installed the latest Global Freeware NA airport file via FTX Central this morning and I can find NO way to access the PDF you refer to in your post.  Any instructions would be helpful.

Thanks,

What exactly are your difficulties with opening the PDF from FTX Central? If you also can't open the other Guides, it might help to open Reader, go to Preferences>Security (Enhanced) and untick the Enable Protected Mode as startup (Source. http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/101982-ftx2-problem-win-10/#comment-921933).

I also haven't installed the new pack myself for now, so I couldn't yet reproduce the issue. However, as Nick showed, saving the PDF from the the Freeware page worked for me.

23 minutes ago, MotoDave said:

Thanks for doing this Bermuda.  Although I was able to download the PDF ok, unfortunately I'm having difficulty accessing the PDF from FTX Central?  I must be doing something incorrectly.

For those of us that have many other airports installed, a common text file of the new airports included would also be great as that makes it easier to copy and paste in the search box while tracking down conflicting airports within the add on scenery.

Apparently, there is a way to save the PDF to a common text file, but the new airports are not highlighted.

Thanks again for doing this Bermuda.

You're welcome Dave. If needed by the community, Ed might as well provide the usual text file. But I couldn't follow your point. Why is it easier to copy from a text file than from the PDF?

Greetings,

Bermuda

27 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Perhaps this will help

Actually it does not help. 

I originally installed from FTX Central which has no PDF file access for the new FTX Global NA freeware download.  I then downloaded the Freeware pack from the ORBX Freeware page as shown in this post and installed the Freeware Airports again.  Still no access to the PDF file in FTX Central.

I know I can obtain the PDF file from the "View airports" link shown in the screenshot with no problems but I am pointing out that the download says there is access to the PFD from within FTX Central which there is not at this time.

Voyager's, post was the solution.  After the resync from the troubleshooting menu the PDF symbol is now showing in FTX Central for me.  As FTX Central always resyncs on start up I was not aware it needed to be done a second time to make the link to the PDF show on the Freeware Packs entry.

Thanks for your help and diligence with my problem.

Thank you friends, I have no idea why I did not think of re-sync, which worked as promised.  For those of us super-seniors that would like a text addition for copy and paste easement, here it is.  What a great bounty of free-ware airports.  Although I now admit it was not that much of a pain to search and type from the PDF.  Live and learn.

_FTX Global Freeware Airports.txt

Hi All,

I missed adding this list for Pack 25 yesterday.  Normally Ed adds my list as part of the release announcement but this time with Bermuda425's PDF I think he felt everything was covered.    This list is only for Pack 25 and lists the folks who did the airports, important for the recognition of those making the effort to bring these airports to you.

FTXG Pack 25, contents.txt

On 3/9/2016 at 9:06 AM, Neil Hill said:

Hi All,

I missed adding this list for Pack 25 yesterday.  Normally Ed adds my list as part of the release announcement but this time with Bermuda425's PDF I think he felt everything was covered.    This list is only for Pack 25 and lists the folks who did the airports, important for the recognition of those making the effort to bring these airports to you.

FTXG Pack 25, contents.txt

Thanks Neil,

I really missed not having that with the original announcement since it's an easy way for me to add to the list of installed airports on my machine.

Ernnie

Thank you very much for your quick response! I wasn't sure because it states at the top of the page that unless noted not all of the freeware stuff works with V3 and this item did not indicate that. Again, Thanks... Robin

Archived