Thank you Ken and Tim

Hobnobs

Just wanted to say congratulations for another brilliant bush flyers wet dream that is Tapini. You guys have excelled yourselves again.

The detail and immersion is just amazing. It's boring landing on concrete. Thanks for another great aviation and navigation challenge.

You have won permanent access to my credit card. 

Agree with Dean and Aero, many thanks Ken and Tim for giving me the chance to escape to another part of the world for a few hours. Flown to 4 of them so far and they are all captivating in their own different way.

Adding my sincere thanks to Ken and Tim for having the courage to work on such a scenery which may lack the immediate recognition of a Kxxx (name your favorite airport in the US)  but also for doing it so well. This double package : AYPY and Tapini now is, for me, a landmark in my personal flight simulator history.  Well balanced and crafted, fun but teaching you a lot about flying, it is a great flying ground for the 182 or the AN-2.

Tapini is  superb and definitely not a Kokoda redux. The airfields are presenting new environments and new challenges ! If that helps anybody, I use it with the Scenery Tech landclass and the transition is seamless.

I hope you get the commercial reward you deserve, guys.

Now , anybody can tell me how to take off from Fane without a prop strike ;) !

33 minutes ago, dominique said:

Adding my sincere thanks to Ken and Tim for having the courage to work on such a scenery which may lack the immediate recognition of a Kxxx (name your favorite airport in the US)  but also for doing it so well. This double package : AYPY and Tapini now is, for me, a landmark in my personal flight simulator history.  Well balanced and crafted, fun but teaching you a lot about flying, it is a great flying ground for the 182 or the AN-2.

Tapini is  superb and definitely not a Kokoda redux. The airfields are presenting new environments and new challenges ! If that helps anybody, I use it with the Scenery Tech landclass and the transition is seamless.

I hope you get the commercial reward you deserve, guys.

+1

& if you can get an AN-2 into KGH, then my hat is off to you:)

TTM

My head hurt this morning, the suspension on the Twin Otter is horrible

I'm slowly building a video... but I think that at the end I will add bloopers.. Or maybe I should do one on all those bad approach and landing.

On top, I'm never sure on the strip angle-direction, I had to overshoot them all

Best fun I had on the sim since... APY. Now flying there with ASN make thing way more difficult.

I always thought that the Twin Otter reverse trust was fast to react but now I'm not sure no more! I have to give some big point to Aerosoft also for the TO extended, I had never stalled this one before.... The slow reaction of the turbo prop make things so real...

I'm not sure of the name but the one with the nice church is the one that gave me a lot of problem... 5 time to get my landing right.

Bravo Tim and Ken!!! And my hat to the real pilot who fly that region each day.

Video coming soon... but the Twin Otter is a mess, I have to work on it, 4 engine fire....

Ben

There are some really hair raising airstrips in third world countries. PNG being close to Aus was maybe a good place to start. Its not too big a country and is relatively unknown both geographically and politically. If somewhere in Africa had been chosen it might have been different - huge continent, political dislike or prejudice and huge distances

On 3/4/2016 at 10:32 PM, dominique said:

Helicopter? Harrier? or maybe an ultralight

yeah, Im having great fun with this as well.  I started at Tapini with Ants Drifter and flew to a couple places and then thought Id try my hand at Cessna flying.  Couldnt even takeoff succesfully - ONG I think...dang!  and just now I crashed into Kosipe...forgot to lower my gear...dumbarss.  this is why I sightsee.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:54 AM, aero-3fsx said:

My thanks as well. I have not purchased yet because I want to explore other places first. OrbX is producing some outstanding products lately and ...

They can and will only keep getting better

Lately???  I'd say Orbx was a game changer to the flight sim community from day one when they exceeded everyone's expectations.  I know exactly what you mean by them continually getting better but I certainly don't want to sell them short either. B)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, myself and Ken are very humbled by the fantastic support, both with screenshots and sales

We caught a (virtual) international flight out of Moresby last week and are already hard at work on the next project which is another pacific ocean island

9 hours ago, Tim Harris said:

Thanks for the kind words everyone, myself and Ken are very humbled by the fantastic support, both with screenshots and sales

We caught a (virtual) international flight out of Moresby last week and are already hard at work on the next project which is another pacific ocean island

I hope its Hawaii. I would have said Tahiti but Aerosoft are working on version 2 I believe. Now that you have let the cat out of the bag there will rife speculation until you lift the lid on your latest secret project.

Archived