Calling all floatplane pilots...

birdguy

5 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

Hi TTM, I just did search on the App Store, there's three different ones.  Which one do you use?

Its on an Ipad Mini

It is called 'AirportMap', [note the spelling & that it is 1 word], by Air Dave LLC

Installed It shows on the ipad as an icon that is  brown top down view of a passenger jet liner I don't recognize.

I use it a lot.

Just watch you don't open up too much of the country at any one time as it has a limit to how many airports it can show in 1 shot.

Tap the red pin with your finger nail, then tap the "i" out to the RHS for the airport data. Settings are bottom right of screen.

Recommended app.

TTM

1 hour ago, TigerTigerM said:

Its on an Ipad Mini

It is called 'AirportMap', [note the spelling & that it is 1 word], by Air Dave LLC

Installed It shows on the ipad as an icon that is  brown top down view of a passenger jet liner I don't recognize.

I use it a lot.

Just watch you don't open up too much of the country at any one time as it has a limit to how many airports it can show in 1 shot.

Tap the red pin with your finger nail, then tap the "i" out to the RHS for the airport data. Settings are bottom right of screen.

Recommended app.

TTM

Thanks TTM, just got it.  Appreciate it.

@ Gypsy Pilot. Have emailed the float plane asscn in Australia, but I am not hopeful of a reply because as you said,a whole different attitude to Floats in Aus.. There are heaps of water landings in the USA though.. so I will make the most of those..Teecee.

17 hours ago, Stratocruiser said:

Just stumbled on this thread. Don't know how I missed it last year. Anyhow, the links to Bernie"s Drop Box no longer work. Any chance one of you could post new links for download?

Thanks,

Howard

Hi all.

I have uploaded the files again. I did a clean out of my Dropbox files recently and unfortunately they got delected.

Here they are again

PDF

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlk8qhh5birkeua/Orbx Seaplane Bases BF.pdf?dl=0

Excel spreadsheet

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hizatckq9489n36/Orbx Seaplane Bases.zip?dl=0

Cheers

Bernie

Archived