Still Around

tennyson

Thanx Jack.

I'm trying to get it all operational before next week. I'm going to Tasmania with our car club for the whole month, so need a good fix before I leave. I haven't been out of the sim room for 3 days now and I've managed to clock up quite a few sky miles in between tweaks.

Did you notice that I have the beautiful Ozzie FTX AI pack running in P3D v3.1? It is absolutely fantastic in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.

Trouble is the traffic jams when you set a take-off time early in the mornings.....

Frank

Can't say that I noticed any ai traffic in the video, but then again I'm half blind these days :P

I'm using AIG traffic myself in P3D3.1, looks great. I did use a mixture of AIG and FTX AU traffic in v2.5, no reason why I can't transfer over the missing bits of FTX AU traffic into 3.1.

I'm still using an old GTX680 video card, but have just this minute ordered a 980Ti overclocked card, which I can pick up tomorrow - looking forward to see the improvement :)

Enjoy your trip to Tassie, it's a beautiful place! Look forward to seeing your next update when you get back.

Cheers

Jack

8 hours ago, tennyson said:

Thanx Jack.

I'm trying to get it all operational before next week. I'm going to Tasmania with our car club for the whole month,

Frank

... you are not one of those rich guys preparing for Targa Tasmania, are you? 

IMG_2582.jpg

Good to see you here after some time.

Good to see you are still around Frank, I have only just come back myself and was getting worried a lot of us old geezers had faded away! Have a blast in Tassie mate, Ruby looks ready to rock and roll!

Fantastic Frank I bet your smilling every time you walk in the room mate its great to see all your hard work pay off for you, Like ive said many times you have shown skills in this build that I can only dream of and to be honest I would not know where to start. a true craftsman and his machine well done my friend.

cheers

Iain

Thank you, Iain, I really appreciate the comments. I must admit, it almost broke me. I was at the giving up stage, only a few weeks back and had talked seriously about selling the sim and the house and moving.

Common sense prevailed and the wife battered me around the head...with a pillow (ouch, that hurt).

Anyway, the Xmas break was good and I came back with a clear mind and a clear bill of health and I've been hammering away for most of January.

It's great to have it back going again and now I'm busy planning my flights for when I come back from Tassie.

And Chumley, what I meant to say was...."it's hard flying and filming at the same time....." foggy old brain...and I also have a chest harness for my GoPro, so I might give that a go with one of my flights. I actually have three GoPro 4 Blacks for the cockpit, set up in various spots, but haven't set them up since doing the upgrade. That will be a priority, when I get back off holidays.

Got my first real flight tomorrow, with an FO, so we'll see what he thinks. It will be nice to have an off-sider in the cockpit with me.

Thanx for watching, guys,

regards,

Frank

Well, I had the first "Real" flight tonight, in the sim, with a friend.

He was aware that I've been building my sim for 3 years, but had never seen inside the foyer or the inner workings of the sim.

Tonight, I set up a flight from YSSY to YBCG for him.

The expression on his face was priceless, when he saw the sim and the look on his face, as he stepped on to the flight deck and strapped into the FO's seat was unbelievable.

I think I looked like that, all those years ago, when I went for my first sim flight with Nick Kranenburg in his 737 sim at Archerfield.

As we taxied down to Runway 34R, Peter kept saying, "wow, look at this aircraft and look at those cars going under the aircraft overpass..."

It made me laugh, but the real look came as we hurtled down the runway and took to the air. He was silent.

When we got up to our top of climb, he said, "my eyes are telling me I'm in a real airliner, but my mind keeps reminding me we are still on the ground."

Such is the immersion of a full cockpit. I really enjoyed the flight, botched the landing and needed to do a go-around, but Peter didn't mind.

When we pulled up at Gate 9 and shut down the engines, I and Peter were elated.

It certainly was one of the best sim flights I've done so far. He's coming back, after we get back from Tassie, for a flight in New Zealand, so fingers crossed that ORBX may have the beautiful Queenstown ready for P3D V3 by then.

Frank

Here you go, guys, last one before I head off tomorrow.

The sim has been flying every day this week, getting better with each flight. I had 2 flights yesterday and the best was flying into Launceston from Sydney. The scenery was magnificent.

I've also managed to tweak up the projectors and remove the bluish cast from the left channel and the inversion layers from the left and right channels, so they are all much more uniform.

Anyway, here's a nice high def vid of one of the flights from yesterday, Christchurch to Auckland, new Zealand....gotta love that ORBX New Zealand, it's amazing!

Enjoy!

Frank

Archived