Palm Springs+SCA

No no, it's not a 'when will it be ready' post! :)

This is a bit academic (ouch!) really, but when trying to load Palm Springs in P3DV3 a fatal error occurs. Looking through the Orbx folder there are only two KSPS (or is it KPSP?) results. A .blg @1KB and a txt file full of approach type info.

Starting at Banning and going towards Palm Springs....No default Palm Springs!

Just interested what people do if they don't or won't, have the add on airport.

Hey Jarrad, when it will be ready?   :D

Hi Ron,

unless you removed or disabled any files manually you should have

ADE_FTX_SCA_KPSP.bgl

ADE_FTX_SCA_KPSP_CVX.bgl

FTX_SCA_objects_KPSP_PLC.bgl

in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery. Even disabling those shouldn't cause crashes though since in that case the default versions (albeit odd looking) would take over.

What type of crash are we talking about, object collision or CTD? if the latter, what does Event Viewer give as the faulting module: 

Also, any third-party add-on you may have of KPSP? Search your entire P3D directory for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KPSP*.bgl -- to be sure.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger. My P3D folder is unadulterated. No third party stuff, Orbx all the way. Yes I do have those files. The 'crash' happens after loading, it gets to 100%, acts as though it's constipated, then the old 'A Fatal error has occurred and we'll have to close the program'  Microsoft then kindly offers to find a solution. Cancel that out and back to desktop we go. It may be a P3D hiccup, but it has happened three times!

EDIT: I've just found Westsim_AGN_KPSP.bgl and ABP_KPSP_Default.bgl   Mmm.

Hi Jarrad. I remember that thread. They all at least got into the air! I now remember I have 29 Palms installed, relevant? As your KPSP isn't ready yet for P3D the removal of the files you mentioned can't be done. :) So it's not that.

All I get is loading bar get to 100%, then black screen, then 'Fatal Error'.

I'm not overly bothered by this as I'm content to wait till the proper KPSP is ready. B) So please don't worry on my account. You too Holger. :)

I just recently bought KPSP thinking it was ready for V3  even though it's not (my Bad) It was loading OK but I was getting  Terrain.DLL crashes any time

I got with in 10 miles of the airport. Seemed like it was when I was crossing into the Photo real,  I also experienced my first OOM  so I will be waiting for the

update as well. 

Ron,

Try deleting the default flight and letting the sim rebuild it.  After that go to KPSP and save a flight, and make it default.  See if it loads ok after that.

Personally, I have the P3Dv3 default flight on start up and let the sim start in scenario mode to avoid any issues, esp if I'm going to load up a complex aircraft like PMDG

Archived