KSQL/KTVL issues and general installation question

chasensfo

Hey guys,

Products look great and I'm planning on buying more. However, I'm having issues with both of my airports: I've been installing scenery since FS2000, and this is the first time I've had to ask for product support with payware or freeware, the folders seem to be in order and are all installed properly. Can't figure this out. I'm running p3d v3.

KTVL-No objects loading. The ramp loads fine, as does the terrain and most ground textures and the areas around the airport. But, no buildings appear. 

KSQL-Sim crashes whenever the area off the approach end of 30 is loaded. When flying nearby, the sim crashes as soon as SQL objects start to load.

Neither gave me any errors on installation, though i did manually have to add them to the scenery library.

Now as far as FTX Global BASE, no issues within the game. Great product. I can't wait to expand with the region specific products. However, one issue I'm having with this and all your products so far is they install to a default directory and do not allow a custom address to install in a version of p3d other than the standard install. Though I installed all my Orbx products to my default sim, I run my sims in different time periods(traffic, scenery, aircraft, verbiage, ect), with each period being its own install. and rather than have to hunt thru all the effects and textures files outside of the root "Scenery" and "Texture" folders to ensure all the files required are copied into the other sim, it would be very nice to be able to tell your product to install itself in ".../lockheed martin/p3d 1995" instead of just the default p3d. Most freeware products with self installers give you the option to choose which sim directory you would like to use. I have to say, I find this rather frustrating as if I buy your product and my sim is in a folder named "dolphin go kart", I fully expect either an option for manual installation or better yet a custom directory option. As I paid for it, so I have expectations. A custom directory option, just such a basic thing to neglect to include, and I get it, novice simmers, ease of application, "why would you ever change your sim directory?", sure. But I did. So, all that aside, how do you recommend I proceed with getting these sceneries, once repaired, into the appropriate sims?

Despite my frustration, I truly appreciate your efforts to enhance so many sections of Northern California, which have otherwise been neglected by professional developers all these years.

Regards,

Chasen

Hi Chasen

With KSQL its most likely not having up to date autogen files that are provided worth Orbxlibs, some discussions here about resolving it 

As to KTVL a search will reveal the common cause http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/search/?type=all&q=ktvl+buildings

As to the installers, they use the details stored in your registry to determine the installation path. That way we ensure the software gets installed where we want it to for it to function correctly.

Thanks for the quick help with the 2 airports, I will try those methods tonight and post an update.

As for the general issue I am having installing your products, yes, I have multiple sim installs of P3D for different time periods. I prefer to have all the AI traffic. scenery, AFCADs, sim objects, ect of each era in their own sim which is customized to the era of my choosing. An example would be if I launch my 1995 sim, and I want to fly, say, a Continental Express Dash-8 into Denver in a 90s livery, I want to fly it into Denver Stapleton with United and Continental tails lining the terminal and instructions like "taxi into position and hold" in effect. This means sometimes I will want FTX sceneries, and sometimes I will want others from the appropriate era. I understand the registry is required for auto-install, however, I do not see why this should be such an issue, especially considering the cost of the products. I am not a novice simmer, I don't need an auto-install registry, I need the scenery where I want it, to be blunt. 

So please, how do I proceed with this? Again, I am not opposed to a back door manual installation. Just as long as I can get the sceneries I bought into the sims I want to see them in. 

Thank you again for the timely responses,

Chasen :)

Yes, you can manually amend the file structure to suit yourself.

You can also manually amend the registry entry to make the installers put the files where you want them to.

You might also use the excellent Scenery Config Editor or an equivalent  to create multiple scenery.cfg files, each reflecting

what you want to see when you fly.

• 2 months later...

A little late, but thank you for the help. TVL is running perfectly fine, however, a new issue with SQL is the textures don't load depending on the angle I view them from. In cockpit mode, for example, all ground markings appear. However, all taxiway and ramp markings disappear in close range of the aircraft from angles in spot view but load normally from a certain distance of the aircraft. 

Thank you for the scenery config editor advice, Nick. Will save me a lot of headache to keep everything in one sim. 

• 1 month later...

I have loaded several FTX Global and Vector areas, the Eagle County airport, etc.  After loading Northern California and then the Tahoe Airport scenery, the P3D V3. sim crashes with the detail below.  Any ideas?

Log Name:      Application

Source:        Application Error

Date:          5/28/2016 11:04:03 PM

Event ID:      1000

Task Category: (100)

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      Owner-PC

Description:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 3.2.3.16769, time stamp: 0x56df48ce

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23418, time stamp: 0x5708a73e

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0002e49b

Faulting process id: 0x1dac

Faulting application start time: 0x01d1b95eb256054a

Faulting application path: G:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

Report Id: 610e4690-2552-11e6-972e-74d02b2b7066

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Application Error" />

<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>100</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-05-29T04:04:03.000000000Z" />

<EventRecordID>59852</EventRecordID>

<Channel>Application</Channel>

<Computer>Owner-PC</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>3.2.3.16769</Data>

<Data>56df48ce</Data>

<Data>ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>6.1.7601.23418</Data>

<Data>5708a73e</Data>

<Data>c0000005</Data>

<Data>0002e49b</Data>

<Data>1dac</Data>

<Data>01d1b95eb256054a</Data>

<Data>G:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe</Data>

<Data>C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll</Data>

<Data>610e4690-2552-11e6-972e-74d02b2b7066</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

More detail.  P3D definitely has a problem with either the Northern California or Lake Tahoe Airport scenery.  The sim works fine in all other areas.....just app crash when I attempt to start at KTVL.

OK.  Well, I'll try to add more detail to see if I get a response.....I have installed the latest ORBX libraries.  Still having app crash when locating to KTVL.  Can someone please respond?  Thanks much in advance.

Archived