PMDG NGX or 777

Well I have a dilemma, I have only been back to flight simming after a long absence but am beginning to get a feel with it all again. I have the PDMG 747 which I haven't yet got back to flying much yet, but I'm trying to decide on whether to buy the 777 or the NGS 737? I want it mainly for shorter routes but of course will use it for the longer ones too.

Given there roles, I have been planning to buy the 737 NGS as it is better suited to shorter flights which will be the main type of flying I plan to do, but the 777 looks like such a nice aircraft I'm wondering whether I should buy it instead? even though its designed for long hauls?

I cant afford both?

hmmm??

Pete :)

Pete, I see your from Newy as well. I'm out at Maitland, nice to see another local on here. Anyway I love my 737 but don't have the 777 therefore I can only recommend the NGX.

If I did get the 777 it would be purely to look at It would never get used. My reason for not getting the 777 is I simply don't always have the time to operate long haul legs.

12 minutes ago, matsout said:

Pete, I see your from Newy as well. I'm out at Maitland, nice to see another local on here. Anyway I love my 737 but don't have the 777 therefore I can only recommend the NGX.

If I did get the 777 it would be purely to look at It would never get used. My reason for not getting the 777 is I simply don't always have the time to operate long haul legs.

Nice to Meet you Matt, I did my PPL at Rutherford albeit a few years back now :)

Yes I still feel the NGX is probably the better choice, I think its also the fact that the 777 is a newer aircraft that sways me the most.

I have spent quite some time looking at both on YouTube and the NGX really does appear to be a great aircraft in all respects.

Pete

Pete,

I see your dilemma.  I have both and can tell you that the NGX gets used the most.  I love the  T7 but its mainly a 10-14 hrs beast.  Certainly, it has more eye candy over its smaller family AC but again its not found in every/most destinations if you fly according to any real life schedules.  And if you're here (Orbx) you're T7 won't naturally be able to commandeer  a good deal of the Orbx/FTX airports/fields. 

So in closing, I recommend the NGX you won't be disappointed...believe that:)

Cheers

Hi Pete, I have neither as I like to keep my flights short and easy to get up in the air but still want a good complex a/c.  Since you are newly back into simming and PMDG is a name that has been around for awhile, I'm not sure if you have heard about Majestic software and their Dash 8 (which comes in a Pilot and Pro version).  Just wanted to let you know all your options and all 3 offer support from FS2Crew which is another great addon to make it easier to fly and more immersive.  

I started with a post saying that the NGX would suit more.  However... the T7 is spectacular.  And the in built time acceleration shortens the times.  MEL-AKL on NZ124 on (x4) time in the cruise could be done in the same time as SYD-ADL in (x1) time in the NGX.  And there are plenty of 'charter' freight trips you can do with the 777F, which can have the added advantage of getting into smaller airports at high weights (if that sort of thing floats your boat).

You could always wait a few(?) months for the 747 V2...  The J-41 is good fun too!

Any which way, you can't lose.

15 hours ago, Kilstorm said:

Hi Pete, I have neither as I like to keep my flights short and easy to get up in the air but still want a good complex a/c.  Since you are newly back into simming and PMDG is a name that has been around for awhile, I'm not sure if you have heard about Majestic software and their Dash 8 (which comes in a Pilot and Pro version).  Just wanted to let you know all your options and all 3 offer support from FS2Crew which is another great addon to make it easier to fly and more immersive.  

Yes I have looked at there offerings and yes they are impressive.

Thank you to everyone for there recommendations, I have decided to buy the NGX and have only flown a quick evaluation flight, it felt great right off the bat, I knew I had made the right decision.

I have just come off a quick and dirty trip SSY to NZAA (Sydney to Auckland) and the fight went very well.

I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this aircraft and when the funds become available I will buy the 777 also :)

Pete

Archived