Autogen missing in P3D with Global + Vector

andqui

I'm trying out P3D for the first time with FTX, and am having some trouble with the autogen, large swaths of it in cities are excluded, I would guess something to do with vector. I have an out-of-the-box installation of P3D v3, with FTX Global, Vector, and OpenLC EU on top. Attached are two images of the problem at Seattle and Portland. Also, I don't know if it's a related issue, but the AI road traffic doesn't follow the roads. FTX Global is v1.4, Vector is v1.35, and openLC Eu is v1.20. I have deleted my P3D cfg and let it regenerate with the default settings.

My scenery library order:

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

ORBX OpenLC

Bathymetry

FortRucker-Oshkosh

ORBX!VECTOR_OBJ

ORBX!VECTOR_APT

ORBX!VECTOR_CVX

ORBX!VECTOR_EXX

Meshes (Freemesh, FSG 2010)

South America - Africa

0-1107 Base

ORBX!Vector AEC

Default Scenery

Thanks for the help

2015-12-16 23_47_00-Greenshot.jpg

2015-12-16 23_45_43-Greenshot.jpg

In addition to Nick's helpful suggestion what have you set autogen levels to in your sim? There are 4 settings in Scenery in your Settings options to look at, 1 is the Level of detail radius,2nd is Scenery Complexity the 3rd is Autogen vegetation and 4th is  Autogen Buildings.After you have done what Nick says, set all the levels I mentioned to maximum jus to see if you get more autiogen appearing. I don't know your pc specs so it may crawl your PC but it will at least shed some light s to whether you have a problem with "missing" autogen or whether you do not have your sim settings high enough to get full capacity autogen. Your pic looks OK to me for a lower than maximum setting for the levels i described above.

I tried moving the Vector entries to where Nick suggested, no change. Earlier I had set my scenery library up exactly the same way as FSX, which works fine, but that doesn't seem to have been the issue. It's absolutely terrible in some areas, London is devoid of autogen. For testing, I have level of detail and autogen sliders cranked up all the way. It looks like there's some exclude layer in the wrong place or something like that.

2015-12-17 08_43_33-Greenshot.jpg

1 minute ago, EGE001 said:

So, the only thing from FTX you have installed is Vector and the LIBRARIES to P3D?   I for one, just do not understand what you are trying to accomplish with Vector alone?

From the first post:

"I have an out-of-the-box installation of P3D v3, with FTX Global, Vector, and OpenLC EU on top"

I have all three installed, not just vector

I have never had to manually stack scenery in the Library.  After I do an install of an area, I run the library file and then open FTX Central 2. 

Everything is perfect.   I have added other sceneries and LC, but put had to manually place them in the order I wanted.  LC's went under the Orbx LC and airports went above everything. 

Hi there,

you never actually state whether you've installed the current Orbx Libraries? Also, in order to properly initiate all required core files you'll need to start FTX Central, select Global as a group, and then press Apply Group. In your screenshots not only autogen is missing but also road and shoreline vectors as well as other features, which indicates that terrain.cfg and other core files haven't been updated as required.

Cheers, Holger 

On 12/18/2015 at 11:57 AM, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

you never actually state whether you've installed the current Orbx Libraries? Also, in order to properly initiate all required ENG files you'll need to start FTX Central, select Global as a group, and then press Apply Group. In your screenshots not only autogen is missing but also road and shoreline vectors as well as other features, which indicates that terrain.cfg and other core files haven't been updated as required.

Cheers, Holger 

Ok that fixed it. I did have the libraries installed, didn't know I had to activate the global region in FTX central. It's working now.

Hello,
I am experiencing the same problem with Orbx Base and Vector installed in P3D v3.1. I do have the libraries installed and activated in FTX Central but now sure what is causing it to be that way. It was working completely fine with P3D v2.5 but as soon as I upgraded to 3.1, it's giving me all these problems. I have attached screenshots of the issue below as well as how I have my scenery library set up in order inside P3D

1.jpg

2.jpg

Capture.png

I would appreciate any feedback or help on how I can solve this issue. 

Thanks,
Andrew

Archived