KEGE causes FSX crash if disables in FTX vector

Geilhofer

hello guys,

yesterday I bought KEGE and KSEZ. Both ot them had elevation Problems in FSX (SP2) with ORBX Global (hybrid mode) and Vector, but set to Region North America in FTX Central.

By the way: I have a lot of ORBX NA Regions and Airport installed, nearly all NA Regions and more than 10 FTX Airports in NA (and more in other regions of the world).

So I have disabled both Airports in AEC (Airport Elevation Correction) in FTX Vector Configurator.

After that it was all OK for KSEZ, but if I change the Airport in FSX to KEGE and start loading, FSX crashes suddenly at 0% or at least at 1% loading. FSX says: FSX don't answer, close it.

After that I have updated FTX Vector from Version 1.15 over 1.20 and 1.30 to 1.35, but same Situation! I'm frustrated now!

Let me explain: If KEGE is enabled in AEC, then FSX load complete and I stay at the Airport and can fly, but on the Airport are a lot of "smal hills".... That doesn't look realy nice....

Who can help me?

G'day Geilhofer, 

That's an interesting problem you have; I've never come across this before. Could you do a test for me;

1. In FSX, go to your scenery library. Untick (but don't remove) the following entries:

- FTX_VECTOR_AEC

- FTX_VECTOR_APT

- FTX_VECTOR_CVX

- FTX_VECTOR_EXX

- FTX_VECTOR_OBJ

2. Shut down and restart FSX. 

3. Start a flight at KEGE and see if it will load without any problems - ie without visual anomalies, and without crashing. 

Report back your findings, and we'll take it from there. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hello Jarrad,

thank you for your answer.

In my Installation the librarys have other names:

All names start with: ORBX!VECTOR_AEC / ..._APT / ...._CVX usw.

I can deactivate 4 of the 5, but not the ..._AEC one. FSX says: Is not possible to deactivate, it is necessery.

All the layers are relative down in the library at Position 250 and below (I have a lot of add ons, most from ORBX and Aerosoft)

If I close the Scenery library Dialog with OK, FSX crashes also with: "FSX funktioniert nicht mehr" (means FSX doesn't work), look Online for solution oder close Programm.

After restart, FSX updates the scenery library, and the 4 Layers are deactivated, but of course not the ORBX!VECTOR_AEC one.

I can load the situation at KEGE, but the hills (higher Layer, at 1,50 or 2 Meters) are on the runway at several locations, not everywhere, but as before. This with KEGE not excluded in Vector Configurator AEC.

If I exclude KEGE in AEC, then in FSX Freeflight Configuration if I choose KEGE and click OK, FSX runs 1 Minute with circle drawing and it crashes again with the message above.

I hope this helps you, to find the problem.

I have installed FTX Vector in first Version and then updatet, I believe to 1.10 but shure  to 1.15 and in a secend step over 1.20 and 1.30 to 1.35.

Thanks   Martin

If you go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, you will find a file, scenery.cfg.

Open this in Notepad and scroll down to this entry.

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=TRUE
Required=True

Change it to read

[Area.003]
Title=ORBX!VECTOR_AEC
Local=ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_AEC
Layer=3
Active=FALSE
Required=FALSE

and save the file.

The next time you start FSX, that entry will be inactive and you can try what Jarrad suggested.

Hi Jarrad, Hi Nick,

thanks for the tip!

After disabling of the AEC Layer in Scenery config file (and the 4 other Vector_layers) all works fine in FSX at KEGE!

No crash of FSX and no hills / higer layer on runway!

In this case it doesn't matter if I have KEGE in Vector Configuration Tool AEC included or excluded (I tried both, therefore I thought it will not matter, cause AEC Layer is disabled now).

Hope this helps you to find the Problem in Vector / AEC.

Cheers, Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Martin,

Very sorry for my late reply, below is what I am seeing in the SIM. The first time I loaded KEGE after the install my FSX crashed. I de fragged my HDD and have not had a problem since (do not do this with an SSD). However the Vector Tool did pick up KEGE and placed it automatically in the Disabled list, I did in fact install Vector fresh in FSX with 1.3 from FSS I  then updated it to 1.35. It is worth a mention that prior to installing KEGE Vector did not disable the default height. 

Capture.jpg

1.jpg

Hello Richard,  thanks for your reply, but what is the message? Do you think I should defragg my HDD? The PC is installed new before a year, and i didn't delete nearby anything I have installed since then. So I can't believe the defrag is the problem at my system. 

Is it worth do deinstall Vector and install it new? If I would do this, is there a 1.20 Version complete to download, cause i had vector updated from 1.10...

Or is the message that you don't be able to reproduce my problem?

Cheers, Martin

Hello Martin,

If Vector and the airport are correctly installed, the airport displays correctly without the need to change anything.

Logically, either the airport or Vector or both are not correctly installed on your PC.

This must include the scenery library entries being in the correct place as well as the files.

Should you wish to re-install Vector, the latest full version is 1.30 and can be downloaded from your FSS account page.

There is an update to version 1.35 on the product support page.

Archived