FTX software for KEGE

vonmar

Hello vonmar,

You already have everything it takes.
And, yes, KEGE very soon will come to P3Dv3.

See what the "Readme" of the product says:

"PLEASE NOTE: This is an Orbx FTX Airport, and as such a copy of 
Orbx FTX: Global BASE must be installed prior to use. Before 
installing this product you must have the Microsoft .NET 
Framework v4.0 or greater installed."

Cheers,

Voyager

Hi

From the product page for KEGE at flightsimsstore:

"This is an Orbx FTX airport, and as such a copy of FTX: Global BASE must be installed prior to use.
Rocky Mountain High!
With one of the most dangerous approaches in the United States, Eagle County Regional Airport serves the world-famous ski resorts of the Eagle-Vail area in Colorado"

Outside the boundaries of every FTX NA full fat region

Cheers

7 hours ago, vonmar said:

Hello,

I have FTX Global.

Do I need additional Orbx software before purchasing KEGE?

Now KEGE is for P3Dv2.

I have P3Dv3.

Will KEGE be later updated for P3Dv3 (possibly before the sale ends)?

G'day Vaughan, 

FTX Global is the only product that is required for KEGE - since you have a copy of this already, you should be all set to go. KEGE is fully compatible with FSX & P3Dv2, and I'm currently working on the update for P3Dv3. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

I'm wanting to purchase KEGE.  It says FTX Global is reqired for KEGE.  I own FTXG but don't currently have it installed and don't plan to in the short term due to storage issues.  I do however have NA CRM, NA PFJ, and NA PNW installed.  Shouldn't that work?  I'm guessing CRM by it's self would suffice.  Let me know.  Thanks, Steve

On 12/1/2015, 8:45:46, Jarrad Marshall said:

G'day Vaughan, 

FTX Global is the only product that is required for KEGE - since you have a copy of this already, you should be all set to go. KEGE is fully compatible with FSX & P3Dv2, and I'm currently working on the update for P3Dv3. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

2 hours ago, TexasSteve said:

I'm wanting to purchase KEGE.  It says FTX Global is reqired for KEGE.  I own FTXG but don't currently have it installed and don't plan to in the short term due to storage issues.  I do however have NA CRM, NA PFJ, and NA PNW installed.  Shouldn't that work?  I'm guessing CRM by it's self would suffice.  Let me know.  Thanks, Steve

You shouldn't have a storage issue installing Global.  It REPLACES default land texture files in your flight simulator installation.  The default files are removed (with the option for you to save a backup copy of them first).  Global should not significantly increase the size of required disk space on your hard drive.  If you already have FSX, FSX Steam, or P3D installed without any storage issues (like already using 98% of the hard drive space), installing Global shouldn't cause a storage problem for you.  Whatever additional files it may add to your FSX installation (see the User's Manual for things like lights, etc) will not significantly enlarge your flight sim installation size.  JUST MAKE SURE if you make a BACKUP of your DEFAULT FSX or P3D texture files during the installation, you save the BACKUP somewhere ELSE than on your FSX or P3D drive.

And KEGE isn't designed to work with CRM.  Eagle, Colorado is not in the CRM geographical area.  You need Global as of now for KEGE to work correctly.

Thank you Falcon for your reply!

Yes, I understand the deal with replacing the stock textures with FTXG.   I'm on the fence as to which I prefer.  Deifinitely some advantages to Global but it does have that darker appearance.   I'm not sure if it's possible but i was thinking that if it was, having both stock and FTXG available to choose from under sceneries, when I've freed up additional drive space from moving some things around.   I'm on P3Dv2.5 right now.  I understand that v3.0 has brightness and contrast control, so that may be good to try at some point.  I have a lot of addons and not up for the migration time that it sounds like will be necessary to upgrade to p3dv3 right now.  But from what ive heard it is a win win upgrade.

Again, thanks for the reply and the clarification.   I'll probably go ahead and re-install FTXG and get KEGE.  I look forward to flying from Jackson Hole to Vail ;)

best regards, Steve 

14 hours ago, TexasSteve said:

G'day Steve, KEGE is designed to work with Global textures; however along with my other global airports, KEGE will generally work (with a few caveats) without it. The most obvious of these will be harsh colour/blend transitions at the edges of the coverage area. Unfortunately we can't provide any support for any issues you might have that are caused by not having Global installed, however I do know that there are users on this forum who have KEGE installed minus Global and are happy with the trade-offs. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Yeah, I worded it badly when I said KEGE "wouldn't work" without Global.  I meant the same thing Jarrad said...the texture blending at the KEGE scenery boundary wouldn't look "right" with the default FSX textures.  Sorry about that wording.

Archived