a proposal for a scenery to bush pilot aficionados

wazemus

I enjoy my birthday with my 5 years on the forum to make a scenery proposal seems very interesting to me.

Allison Ranch is one of the most dangerous field in the world, a true test for all future bush pilots. Landing there is on the final exam for becoming a member of the MAF (Mission Aviation Fellowship). Allison's brutal last turn is a legend among the chosen few who made it !

A few miles up the Salmon River, you find "Yellow Pine Bar", a short and curved grass runway.

A bit further up, the steep "White Waters" field will gives you the impression of landing toward a wall...

Three backcountry airstrips, suitable for STOL aircrafts.

rather challenging what do you think?

Good day to everyone!

proposition.jpg

The approach into Allison Ranch/ID51 is indeed "somewhat challenging". I'm afraid the scenery was never designed by Orbx.
 There is a freeware version available for FSX which doesn't really fit into Orbx Northern Rocky Mountain scenery.

I made myself this scenery but with simple tools and the result is not satisfactory.
I landed with all STOL aircraft even the Quest Kodiak with a speed at the runway threshold about 60 kts...and feet to the brakes!

Salmon river10.jpg

Salmon river30.jpg

Salmon river5.jpg

Salmon river2.jpg

Archived