P3DV3 - Just Released FTX NA CRM Not working well

Hello,

I though this was because i did not have the lastest Libs installed at the initial CRM install, but, after doing it, and reinstallig the CRM, its still not working at all.

The Problem: 

I can not see several CRM airports correctly.  Some of them like below the ground surface, and some just not visible at all....

Here some screenshots:

4S6 - Looks awfully default - Seems FS2002 - Lot of airport with simmilar behavior, like default.

48WA - Below the ground Level - Im having several of these...

KDLS - Double Scenery being shown?  Several too...

In General, seems like some airfields are shown partially(Can see some static aircrafts, cars and trucks), but many of the scenery areas are not showing well or not shown at all.  Some others seems to be below the ground, or too default like graphic.

First Steps:

1-I downloaded and installed the Last CRM version from FSS, and during instalation, i was able to select P3DV3.  

2- I noticed that when first opened the FTX i was requested to install Service pack 5 , so i did it.   Also requested to update Libs via FTX, so i did it.

3- I realized that its recommended to download and install the full Libs from the suport webpage, according to this announcement, so i did this:   Deleted CRM from the ORBX Folders and Scenery Entries, downloaded and installed 151108 Libs, then reinstalled CRM and clicked Apply through FTX Central (Still checked the hybrid mode).

4-I revised that the sceneries are in the P3DV3 Scenery List as supposed.

5- Diagnostic Report:  ot2128ecd218e44bc20a118cf7f87d6222

I dont have any other idea so far...  Spent the day installing and unistalling....  nothing is working...

Thanks in advance for support,

Affirmative,  i tryed activating both, the Regions(To show the active indication in the region), and through the Main first(Where LC, Global Base and vector are shown, hence showing the active indication in the first line), leaving the Hybrid mode checked all times...

But none of those solved the problem :(

4S6 is a grass runway, covered by snow, not sure what you expected.  Ran Vector configurator before flying. 48WA, Yakima is not sunken.  (using Pilot's 2010FTX mesh)   KDLS runway 20 is closed, and used as a taxiway but still exists. Google Earth it, that's what it looks like.

You do realize that FTX regions don't do a complete overhaul on all the airports in the area ?

Sue

Hello, Thanks for answers,

Well, when i first bought Orbx products ending in PNW i felt very proud of those.   PNW is amazing, you can really see the difference(Global+Vector+Trees+...).     I have different shots before and after and enjoy very mutch flying VFR around.  

But after flying to CRM i feel like dissapointed....  Feels very buggy to me.... Actually, the first time i installed CRM, I Flew from PNW to CRM indeed, a very nice VFR Flying from Firstair to 4S6, but when arrived to 4S6 i felt like:   "Okay, i landed default, something is wrong"     

What i expect is not a complete overhaul, but when you check Google and see the airport, you are still waiting for the planes parked to the side, may be a little truck, house.....whatever....A visual improvement, as far as i feel with PNW, a very very good visual improvement, you dont feel like :wacko:....In fact i enjoy comparing google to the PNW, for example Firstairs, but i almost cry when comparing google to CRM.....hahaha....     As said before,  some airporst look ok,  many others look like buggy, too default, below the terrain, etc...

Will upload more shots in a while to show more weird things... 

Still hope there is a problem that can be fixed... :(

11 hours ago, Raphael_Chacon said:

Hello,

I though this was because i did not have the lastest Libs installed at the initial CRM install, but, after doing it, and reinstallig the CRM, its still not working at all.

The Problem: 

I can not see several CRM airports correctly.  Some of them like below the ground surface, and some just not visible at all....

Here some screenshots:

4S6 - Looks awfully default - Seems FS2002 - Lot of airport with simmilar behavior, like default.

48WA - Below the ground Level - Im having several of these...

KDLS - Double Scenery being shown?  Several too...

In General, seems like some airfields are shown partially(Can see some static aircrafts, cars and trucks), but many of the scenery areas are not showing well or not shown at all.  Some others seems to be below the ground, or too default like graphic.

First Steps:

1-I downloaded and installed the Last CRM version from FSS, and during instalation, i was able to select P3DV3.  

2- I noticed that when first opened the FTX i was requested to install Service pack 5 , so i did it.   Also requested to update Libs via FTX, so i did it.

3- I realized that its recommended to download and install the full Libs from the suport webpage, according to this announcement, so i did this:   Deleted CRM from the ORBX Folders and Scenery Entries, downloaded and installed 151108 Libs, then reinstalled CRM and clicked Apply through FTX Central (Still checked the hybrid mode).

4-I revised that the sceneries are in the P3DV3 Scenery List as supposed.

5- Diagnostic Report:  ot2128ecd218e44bc20a118cf7f87d6222

I dont have any other idea so far...  Spent the day installing and unistalling....  nothing is working...

Thanks in advance for support,

Raphael,

I'd agree that in all of the screenshots you posted, something is definitely wrong.  Do you have your graphics settings set to ORBX recommendations?  If you are using Vector, did you run AEC (not choosing the individual airports, but running it for an overall check and fix)?  Are you running FTX Global at all?  Did you go through the Library Insertion Points section of FTX Central to make sure everything is loading in the correct order, according to the manuals?

If I was in your position, I would go back through, from the beginning, to make sure all of the steps had been completed, according to what ORBX recommends/requires.

I couldn't help but notice in your P3D scenery library list, there is an entry for LatinVFR Las Americas, what is that exactly?  I would try disabling any other 3rd party scenery first and then see if CRM is displaying correctly.

-Jim

Hi,

You should install ORBXlibs AFTER any other FTX product. So if you reverse the process by deleting first CRM, installing ORBXlibs then CRM, you mess your rig.

As CRM is installed, execute again ORBXlibs then cycle between NA and FTX Global mode to sort correctly your sceneries entries into P3D

Hey Jim,    AEC solved the airports elevation issue.....

Richard,  thanks for reply, reinstalling the Libs didnt work for me.    Im fact,  every time i fly around CRM i see new interesting things,  like the floating buildings heading east of KYKM  :unsure:  (BTW, i liked your site, will check around and fly over there)

Sorry but,   too many things going wrong here, right ?:ph34r:

By the way,  can you confirm if 4S6 is that defaul, KDLS is got the double marks and check KYKM(Heading east) if you have the floating buildings ?   I heard that the lastest libs 151108 are gettig users in trouble, so may be its something related to it...<_<

I have other pictures from the  CRM scenery, will upload tomorrow since the forum update is blocking me from posting so many links at this time(Lost my initial message already).

Thank in advance for help,

Hi Raphael,

the floating houses are not an issue specific to CRM but rather the sim itself; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78873-flush-scenery-indexes/?comment=723202

As for 4S6 and KDLS what you see is the way they are modeled in CRM. If you check against Google Earth you'll see that 4S6 is a simple grass strip without any facilities (if you want to compare its default depiction, pause the sim and uncheck the four CRM entries in the scenery library menu). At KDLS the overlapping runway markings are automatically drawn like that by the airport design tool. However, it appears that RW02/20 has been deactivated so it may be possible to remove its markings; I've made a note to check into that for our next CRM service pack.

In short, it appears that your CRM is installed correctly -- enjoy!

Cheers, Holger

4 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi Raphael,

the floating houses are not an issue specific to CRM but rather the sim itself; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/78873-flush-scenery-indexes/?comment=723202

As for 4S6 and KDLS what you see is the way they are modeled in CRM. If you check against Google Earth you'll see that 4S6 is a simple grass strip without any facilities (if you want to compare its default depiction, pause the sim and uncheck the four CRM entries in the scenery library menu). At KDLS the overlapping runway markings are automatically drawn like that by the airport design tool. However, it appears that RW02/20 has been deactivated so it may be possible to remove its markings; I've made a note to check into that for our next CRM service pack.

In short, it appears that your CRM is installed correctly -- enjoy!

Cheers, Holger

Holger,

That is interesting, and above all else, I can see why it takes so long putting this altogether.  Thanks for the information.

-Jim

Hello Guys,

Thanks Holger, in fact, i decided to buy the 2010 Global Mesh and see what happens.   But also, will try the refreshing advice to return floating buildings back to ground and check if that helps.

Im going to fly around CRM and review the results of the buildings.   Will share with you today if everything is ok then...

Thanks.B)

Hello,

Well, i dont know what happen exactly, but the improvement is quite remarkable. 

I passed from this view,  to this view....  :rolleyes:

Few more Shots...  1, 2, 3 wow!    , 4 , 5    I Guess many others to come... 

What i did:

1- Reinstall CRM

2- Reinstall ORBX Libs

3- Use the AEC   to solve the airports elevation issue

4- Purchased Pilot´s Global Mesh 2010 FTX

5- Fly!

Thanks to all for support...B)

Archived