Object Flow Update - User request

Andrew 737

The Strangest thing - what could have caused it?

Yesterday I installed UK2000 VFR airfields vol2 v2. During installation the installer requested I instal the latest UK2K Common Library. I proceeded and installed the UK2k common library and then I booted FSX; now the wired part...

Before FSX Booted I got a message that object flow needed an update do I want to download & install it - I said yes. The installer quit FSX and installed this object flow; during the instal I saw references to FTX

WHAT?!!! What's going on?

I have FTX C2 set NOT to check for updates and I had not even opened it

PLEASE can an Orbx Dev explain?

Thank you

Hi Andrew,

ObjectFlow has auto-updated itself for a few years now. We pushed an update this week in response to FSX:SE being updated. The auto-updater downloads the newest version of the DLL from our servers and replaces all existing local copies. Its function is independent of FTX Central.

Hmm, I'm not sure. It's a built-in function of the module. I'll ask around and see how it can be disabled.

If you don't mind my asking, why would you like to disable the auto-updates? We can enable toggling the function, probably through FTX Central. So it's helpful to know why it's being disabled.

Hmm, I'm not sure. It's a built-in function of the module. I'll ask around and see how it can be disabled.

If you don't mind my asking, why would you like to disable the auto-updates? We can enable toggling the function, probably through FTX Central. So it's helpful to know why it's being disabled.

My sim is 'VERY' complex and since I tried trees I get tiny micro stutters even though all that is all 'Off'.

Anything like this is bad - I was building up to a clean install but this is worth a go first.

I don't use all my other Orbx products anymore. Using Global, uk2k, Fly Tampa and some Aerosoft I have a sim that runs like 'Glass'.

FSDT and things like your Libs don't play well for me.

I dare say most people get tiny micro stutters they don't even see, when it's on a projected 100 inch side view, I notice!!!

PLEASE advise ASAP how all this can be switched off

Thank you Alex

Just to clarify, ObjectFlow isn't part of the libraries. The module updates just update it so it can continue working with the simulator when FSX:SE or Prepar3D updates, no new features are added we just re-sign the module to match the new executables. Having the popup means the module is already present and running, it's included with almost every airport and any version of the libraries.

Nonetheless, I've put in a request for a toggle to be put into FTX Central or elsewhere to change ObjectFlow to manual update. Still waiting to see how to otherwise disable the updates.

Thank you Alex, I'll wait to hear from you.

Just so you know my sim is multi channel (separate instances running different views of FS all networked together) and things 'looking' on the net for updates is not ideal.

Thanks for the prompt service.

Looking forward to hear how to remove/stop this.

Thank you

There is no way to disable the update of the dll apart from uninstalling it and deleting it.

Running the moduleinstaller.exe located in the FTX_AU/FTA_AA_Orbxlibs scenery folder will give you the option to uninstall it. Once uninstalled delete the Exe, DLL and Cfg files. Note that any reinstall of Orbxlibs will replace it for you.

There is no way to disable the update of the dll apart from uninstalling it and deleting it.

Running the moduleinstaller.exe located in the FTX_AU/FTA_AA_Orbxlibs scenery folder will give you the option to uninstall it. Once uninstalled delete the Exe, DLL and Cfg files. Note that any reinstall of Orbxlibs will replace it for you.

Hi Ed

Thank you for this - very grateful.

Please can you give me 'explicit' instructions on where these files to delete are?

Thanks to both you & Alex

They are in the Orbxlibs scenery folder - ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_ORBXLIBS/Scenery. The files are moduleinstaller.exe, moduleinstall.cfg and Objectflow.dll.

Please remember that any reinstall or update of Orbxlibs either via FTX Central or installer will reinstate those three files and activate the dll again.

I have also edited this topic title as there is no bad problem with the auto update.

Thank you Ed

Apologies about the original topic title - that was my ignorance!

Because of the coincidence of installing uk2k the same time as I saw the object flow update I incorrectly assumed something in uk2k got the Orbx dll to update - again apologies there.

I will get on with your instructions right away.

• 10 months later...

Very Polite Bump

10 hours ago, Andrew 737 said:

Hi Ed

I am starting a FRESH install of all my PC's - If I follow the above advice will library's work in my sim and merely object flow will not update, or, does it stop stuff in the sim working?

Thanks

Andrew

Removing ObjectFlow will just prevent the display of models controlled by ObjectFlow. It varies by airport but it usually controls vegetation, people, windsocks, runway lighting, and other objects that require conditional display. It does not touch anything outside of the simulator or interact with the libraries/FTX Central.

On 13/07/2016 at 0:08 PM, Alex Goff said:

Removing ObjectFlow will just prevent the display of models controlled by ObjectFlow. It varies by airport but it usually controls vegetation, people, windsocks, runway lighting, and other objects that require conditional display. It does not touch anything outside of the simulator or interact with the libraries/FTX Central.

thank you Alex

Greatly Appreciated.

I installed EU LC and Global but they didnt install Libs - If I only use these two products do I need libs?

Regards

Andrew

16 hours ago, Andrew 737 said:

thank you Alex

Greatly Appreciated.

I installed EU LC and Global but they didnt install Libs - If I only use these two products do I need libs?

Regards

Andrew

Another of my *Very* polite Bumps - just to avoid this getting missed :)

On 7/16/2016 at 1:30 AM, Andrew 737 said:

Whoops, looks like this one slipped through :)

I'd recommend that you do install the Orbx Libraries as it contains additional files that FTX Central uses for FTX Global and openLC EU

4 hours ago, Ben McClintock said:

Whoops, looks like this one slipped through :)

I'd recommend that you do install the Orbx Libraries as it contains additional files that FTX Central uses for FTX Global and openLC EU

Ok

Please may I ask exactly what these files do?

Thank you Ben

Regards

Andrew

12 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

here is an earlier reply to your similar question.

your only installed product is Global the libraries are still of benefit. They include FTX Central, supporting apps like the lights configurator, control panel application, and then all of the assets used if you install the Global freeware airports.

Global will probably still function fine without the libs, but it's untested and unsupported. FTX Central V2 installed should take care of almost everything needed, it will just nag about the libraries on startup. But they're only ~300mb on disk and none of the assets are loaded by the sim unless called by a particular scenery.

Thank you Nick - That answers my question exactly for, what appears to be twice!

wow that was over a year ago, I need to learn to search better.

thank you all for your time - greatly appreciated.

Archived