Tiles missing, misplaced?

Heinrich

Newly bought and installed (of course.. ;D ) Global OpenLC North America, and flying in the high north of Canada, I noticed a lot of misplaced, even missing ground tiles!!

Some tiles even changed into different textures when flying nearby.....

2015-8-26_11-21-20-186_zpsgjmx4bej.png

2015-8-26_11-18-22-126_zpsbkj5jra0.png

2015-8-26_11-18-28-29_zpsvrxh6evz.png

Screenshots taken within P3D2, but I will check the same area around Bray Island (Nunuvut ,Canada) within FSX.

Cheers,

Hank

Thanks Nick for that tip, will look at that later.

Ed, FTX Central is set to Global, after installing the OpenLC NA (done automatically during install ).

I checked the lclookup bgl files, and all three are set at 24-07-2015.....  that shouldn't be right?

Hank

Hi Hank, yes those dates are correct. Could you then please check that the lcookup located in the scenery\BASE\Scenery is the same when Global is set.

Also, ensure that the new  openLC scenery library (ORBX!OPENLC_NAMERICA2)entry is also active 

Yep that did the trick Ed, thanks !!  Synced FTX Central and the squares are gone.

For possible updates, if you take a look at the last screenshot on my post above, there's a piece having a straight landclass fitted.

Here a closer look :

2015-8-26_15-28-54-921_zpsvlzajdtu.png

Cheers,

Hank

I don't have the option to choose NA on the left of side.  The only option that I have (and it is active) is FTX Global.  According the manual, I should see the openLC Europe and openLC NA below FTX Global?

Untitled-vi.jpg

Yep that did the trick Ed, thanks !!  Synced FTX Central and the squares are gone.

For possible updates, if you take a look at the last screenshot on my post above, there's a piece having a straight landclass fitted.

Here a closer look :

2015-8-26_15-28-54-921_zpsvlzajdtu.png

Cheers,

Hank

Hi Hank, glad that its sorted, but can you please post the co-ordinates of that screenshot?

The FTX block in your case would contain the Orbxlibs entry and any FTX Airports, so yes the best place for it is above the openLC entries. The only requirement of the openLC ordering is that openLC_BASE is below all the other openLC entries, which is shown in your screenshots.

Sure Ed, it's approx  at N68  59.93  /  W76  1.27  , approx 115 nm  west from CYUX (Hall Beach, Nunavut).

Hank

I'm trying to find that spot Heinrich but can't yet.  The coordinates you give put me way south, closest airport is Inukjuak to the SW.

The area west of Hall Beach, Nunavut is only 82 miles across east to west.  I don't see the straight line anywhere in this region.  Can you duplicate it?

Archived