KJAC 1.10 installation error corrupt dll.xml

Scott B

Does the <CR><LF> go after or before the </SimBase.Document>  ?

Hi Griphos.

Just in case you aren't aware, the <CR><LF> is hidden and can only be seen  in notepad ++ or similar.  To answer your question, if you view the file with notepad ++, you should see it just after </SimBase.Document>. 

I would back up your xml file first, then just edit it with standard notepad (you won't actually see any <CR><LF>).  Just put your cursor right after </SimBase.Document> at the very bottom and press Enter to create a blank line below it. 

Scott

The issue is not the installer but the version of Moduleinstaller that shipped originally with KJAC and most likely a lot of other airports that used ObjectFlow released around that time. The newer version of Moduleinstaller does not care is that blank exists or not, but the older version does.

Solutions:

As described above, use Notepad++ and add a blank line to the end of the document if it is missing

Copy the Moduleinstaller from ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery over to the KJAC scenery folder before running the triple installer. You could at this point uninstall the KJAC entry here as well by running the moduleinstaller

Ignore the error and click No. The KAJC entry will remain and will not be loaded

Click Yes and start with a new DLL.XML, knowing that all your other DLL entries will need to be added back in.

No change can and will be made to the triple installer.

I would like to thank Scott (buckster) and GeorgeM for their help. Kudos!

Thanks for that!.  Glad it worked for you!  I hope it works for others that need it and hasn't caused more trouble than it's worth.  That was never my intentions. 

Scott

with reference to my previous. after clicking on the yes button for this install, my FSX SE is completly ******, thanks to this update, I have had to do a complete un-install of FSX, to start again...

Not so sure I,ll even bother again now...thanks Orbx!

Hi Ed. 

Hey, it's become very clear to me now that there is a big difference between "triple-installer" and "module-installer".    ::)    I've learned a lot. Not being a programmer, it's easy to lump those two terms together, as it all looks like an installation issue to a regular guy.  I hope you can see that from the customer standpoint.  The different module-installers certainly explains why the 1WA6 installation ignored the missing blank line, as GeorgeM hinted toward earlier in this thread.  

I'm still not sure what program if any, removed the blank line from the bottom of my (our) xml file but, unless you note otherwise, I see no reason why it shouldn't always remain there.   

Like you said, "It's not the end of the word...."  ::)

Thanks, Scott

The issue is not the installer but the version of Moduleinstaller that shipped originally with KJAC and most likely a lot of other airports that used ObjectFlow released around that time. The newer version of Moduleinstaller does not care is that blank exists or not, but the older version does.

Solutions:

As described above, use Notepad++ and add a blank line to the end of the document if it is missing

Copy the Moduleinstaller from ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery over to the KJAC scenery folder before running the triple installer. You could at this point uninstall the KJAC entry here as well by running the moduleinstaller

Ignore the error and click No. The KAJC entry will remain and will not be loaded

Click Yes and start with a new DLL.XML, knowing that all your other DLL entries will need to be added back in.

No change can and will be made to the triple installer.

You should pin this to the top of this thread.  Adding CR/LF to the end of the DLL.XML fixed it for me.

Gregg

Hello

OK, I just installed KJAC triple installer and it installed with no issues at all!  So hopefully everything will work as it should!  

The only dll's I have in my users/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX are dll,  dll.xmlASbackup, dll.xmlPreASNUnisntall,  and dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager.   Should I have another one?  

I did open my "dll" with notepad and looked at the bottom line.  It appeared to have an empty line at the bottom. I really don't want to mess with anything since nothing at this time is broken.  

Matthew

Hello

OK, I just installed KJAC triple installer and it installed with no issues at all!  So hopefully everything will work as it should!  

The only dll's I have in my users/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX are dll,  dll.xmlASbackup, dll.xmlPreASNUnisntall,  and dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager.   Should I have another one?  

I did open my "dll" with notepad and looked at the bottom line.  It appeared to have an empty line at the bottom. I really don't want to mess with anything since nothing at this time is broken.  

Matthew

If you had no issues with the installation, try a flight out of KJAC and see how it goes.  If there still are no problems, then you're fine.  I had no issues with installation either and have since flown several times to and from KJAC with no problems.

Hello

The only dll's I have in my users/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX are dll,  dll.xmlASbackup, dll.xmlPreASNUnisntall,  and dll.xml_Before_Addon_Manager.

Matthew

Hello Matthew,

The only file you should have is dll.xml.

The others are backups of the same file created by other installers.

You might find it easier to identify files if you go to

Windows File Explorer\View\Options\Change folder and search options\View

and untick the box marked "Hide extensions for known file types".

Your dll file will then be named dll.xml

Hey Nick

I cant find "Windows File Explorer\View\Options\Change folder and search options."  Perhaps I'm Inept!  LOL  I have windows 7.  

NEVER MIND, I FOUND IT!! and it worked!  I can now see my "dll.xml".  I opened it with notepad and it looks like it has an empty line at the bottom.    Thanks Nick!

Matthew

Buckster you are my hero. I know ED says its not the end of the world but when your not very computer literate it sure feels like it.

I am glad you worked out the ADD A BLANK LINE fix and shared it.

Cheers

Buckster you are my hero. I know ED says its not the end of the world but when your not very computer literate it sure feels like it.

I am glad you worked out the ADD A BLANK LINE fix and shared it.

Cheers

Thanks seby.h!  I take a lot from these forums so it's nice to finally give back!!  ::)  

Regardless of this glitch, Orbx still makes a fantastic product that really does transform the sim. 

Funny... Ed actually said "it's not the end of the word".... He was right about that one!  Poor attempt at humor on my part.  ::)

Scott

• 2 months later...

FSXAccel/DX9

I wish I had found this thread yesterday.

Yesterday I purchased CYBD,  CZST, and  1WA6 in DL form from FSS to replace my DVD versions purchased from other retailers. I installed all 3 right on top of the existing DVD installs.  I then spent several hours flying the trike around all 3 with excellent results (a bit of flashing shadows under the static planes at CYBD but nothing show stopping).

This morning I purchased KJAC which was the last one I needed to replace at this point.

Of course when the window opened advising me that my DLL.xml file was corrupt I clicked Yes. There was no indication of any potential issues installing KJAC in the DL Readme. In fact, I think it’s still the same old one from the DVD issue talking about executing all 3 .exe’s.

The install proceeded without issue at that point. I load up KJAC with all config features enabled and fly around the airport and I’ve got flashing/twittering ground, runway, tree, etc. textures everywhere that seem to have nothing to do with framerate or VAS depletion.

None of the following helped with the texture issues:  rebooting the PC,  reinstalling  current libs, re-running Vector AP elevation, reducing KJAC config settings, reducing autogen settings. I checked to make sure FSGlobal NA Ultimate mesh was disengaged in the scenery library so no conflict there. System restore did not do the job either, and I’m not sure why, so I reversed it.

I come here and run a search for KJAC and texture issues and see this and related threads about the dll.xml file. And sure enough, access to several of my addons including FSUIPC, ASN, etc. are gone from my drop down list.

As many times as I’ve read this thread I’m at a loss as to understanding how to correct the situation to get back where I was before the install of the DL’d  KJAC and get KJAC working as it should.

I don’t believe the screwed up xml is causing the texture twittering I’m seeing at KJAC, which I definitely did not have before this over-install, but it’s apparent I have 2 problems now and must attack them one at a time with the xml issue certainly needing to be addressed first. 

Here is a copy of my current dll.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">

<Descr>Launch</Descr>

<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>

<Path>C:\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

</SimBase.Document>

Obviously a lot is missing.

Here a list of all dll files I have in AppData/Roaming, etc. along with the last Access Dates (I assume)

dll.xml                                                 11/21/2015

dll.xml.a2a                                         10/14/2013

dll.xml.ASbackup                              4/13/2015

dll.xml.PreASNUninstall                  10/3/2014

dll.xml.raaspro_backup                   11/22/2014

DLL_BeforeModInstaller.xml          11/20/2015

I’d be grateful for any instruction to get the xml squared away. My concern now is my guessing at doing something else that then results in an unrelated 3rd issue that would… I don’t even want to think about it.

Thanks

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2015‎ ‎19‎:‎40‎:‎48, Nick Cooper said:

Hello Matthew,

The only file you should have is dll.xml.

The others are backups of the same file created by other installers.

You might find it easier to identify files if you go to

Windows File Explorer\View\Options\Change folder and search options\View

and untick the box marked "Hide extensions for known file types".

Your dll file will then be named dll.xml

Nick,

Were do I find the Windows File Explorer please?

Thanks,

Archived