My first repaint in a long time

dominique

I went back to my virtual brushes after a 10 years hiatus, my last upload being for FS9... I did a couple of repaints these past months but never completed the job. The most tedious part of painting is to track the small imperfections at the end (and package it for the upload !)... The end result was good enough for me  ::) , not for upload. The only way to finish a paint is to aim at uploading it !

So here is my first repaint for a long time, a Comanche Air Taxi, a fictitious livery to fly everywhere in the OrbX lands (no country code letter for this reason). It has been painted in P3D v2.5.  I uploaded it to the FSX section of the big A because their P3D repaint section is broken but it should work OK in FSX anyway.

To the aspiring painters, go for it, it is rather fun but, as Ron said in another post, quite time consuming.

Pago.jpg

2015-7-29_20-49-19-873.jpg

Thanks. When you do, some of  us will certainly be ready to help if need be but you'll see, it is very intuitive with a little knowledge of PS. Repeatedly manipulating the file between the paint program, DXTBMP and the sim is just a little tedious .

• 2 weeks later...

Archived