A2A C182 Maintenence

arnobg

For those of you knowledgeable with this wonderful aircraft I have some questions/concerns as I know this aircraft is supposed to be modeled very accurate in terms of maintenance. 

Only 26 hours into my new C182 the tires were noted as needing replaced soon, so I went ahead and changed them. As part of this wonderful hobby I keep a log book of all flights and all fuel/maintenance I "purchase". About 27 hours in the fuel filter needed replaced. 

Does this seem like accurate times, or am I "beating up" my precious purchase? Seems like awful low hours to be doing these things but I have no clue honestly. Here's what the log looked like at these hours, the high frequency of landings for hours is due to touch and go's.

26 hours: 24 takeoffs/landings

27.7 hours 26 takeoffs/landings

I understand the redirection to the A2A forum, but you could see the question as a general question about the maintenance of a C182 in real life and as such it isn't a really odd question here, although maybe it should have been posted in the Pilot's Lounge. There are more than enough people over here who know a lot about real life aviation things like this! But well, yes, you probably will get more answers on the A2A forum... ;)

I understand the redirection to the A2A forum, but you could see the question as a general question about the maintenance of a C182 in real life and as such it isn't a really odd question here, although maybe it should have been posted in the Pilot's Lounge. There are more than enough people over here who know a lot about real life aviation things like this! But well, yes, you probably will get more answers on the A2A forum... ;)

Good point.  Going back to the original post, I'm guessing, but all those T&Gs might have something to do with the tread wear on the 182's tires.  On the other hand, I have 64.5 hrs. on my Cherokee and haven't yet changed the tires.  A fuel filter and a couple of oil filter changes, but no tires (yet).

Stew

Thanks for the replies, I spend so much time in this forum that I prefer to keep it here than make a new account somewhere else but I will try that too!

I wold say the landings would be more accurate around 35 (counting times I may have messed around in the sim without logging it)

I also had to replace a tyre after 27 hours and roughly 40 landings, but this might be realistic because i really messed up my first 10 landings or so, those were quite rough and might have worn out the tyres early. It'll be interesting to see if the new ones last longer now that my landing skills improved.

A similar question was asked about the c172 on the A2A forums. They said they accelerated the maintainence and failure cycles compared to real life so that simmers were more likely to actually experience all the cool system wear and failure they programmed in.

If it happened with the same frequency as real life the average simmer would probably never see a lot of it.

A similar question was asked about the c172 on the A2A forums. They said they accelerated the maintainence and failure cycles compared to real life so that simmers were more likely to actually experience all the cool system wear and failure they programmed in.

If it happened with the same frequency as real life the average simmer would probably never see a lot of it.

Now that is very interesting. With a few hundred real hours in this type (PA28) I thought the frequency of wear and tear was unrealistic.

Thanks for the info on what A2A have done.

I like the accelerated wear and failure rates - it keeps me on my toes. I even had a big-end bearing failure a while back in the PA28, thankfully on the ground. It was hard to start, had lots of vibration, like the prop was out of balance, and totally failed to run-up to any decent revs., so I taxied onto the grass and shut her down!

Archived