Hold Short Lines are the wrong way round - FTX Global Freeware Airports North America Packs 1 to 21 Version March 2015

It seems that this painting indicate that after landing you would have to stop and get a clearance to proceed. Moreover, taxiing for take-off, you would be free to continue into runway without clearance. Right?

In this case is just reverse the direction: the dashed lines must come first; that is, in the figure, the dashed lines are on top, closest to the side of the runway.

Yeah, you're right, imo! ;)

Cheers,

They're only default airports, enhanced with objects from the ORBX library.  Unlikely ORBX changed the hold short lines.

I would almost agree with you here, and perhaps you are right but, I also noticed that before the enhancement at another airport I use a lot, Lewisburg WV (KLWB), the hold short line at runway 22 was much more closer to the runway. After the enhancement the hold short line is just as far as the screenshot shown above. The problem I'm having with it is that ATC is not recognizing me holding short of the runway being so far back as the line is. If I move beyond the hold short line, ATC will acknowledge my position and gives me more instruction for departure. Again, not saying that ORBX actually changed the line, but some how the line has changed after the enhancement. We don't hear much about problems at these airports, because everyone is absorbed flying the payware versions.

I don't think it is the distance from the runway as the hold short has a circular trigger. It is that you are on the wrong side and it does not trigger until you cross to the solid line side.

Dave

The problem I'm having with it is that ATC is not recognizing me holding short of the runway being so far back as the line is. If I move beyond the hold short line, ATC will acknowledge my position and gives me more instruction for departure.

I've seen that occur in payware airports as well, you have to come forward enough to hit the ATC trigger.

The hold short lines are indeed backwards.  The dashed double line is supposed to be on the side nearest the runways with the double soldid line farther from the runway. 

Good to hear! Just to share my observations: KHVR Havre City-County Airport and S71 Edgar G Obie Airport are affected too.

I really enjoy FTX Global Freeware Airports as they render ugly default airports more realsistic and thus provide access to regions not covered by ORBX high quality landscapes!

:D

Greetings,

• 2 weeks later...

Archived