Nvidia's latest Driver 353.06

prattpt6

Hi Anthin,

I have not installed this latest driver, but might have a solution for Shadowplay. As discussed in another thread many users have chosen to disable the service for "NVIDIA Streamer" which as a consequence could also make Shadowplay stop functioning, could you go to your "Windows services" and check whether this is the case, re-enable that service (Automatic) and check Shadowplay once more.

As long as my NVidia works properly I don't upgrade the drivers. I've given up the quest for 1 or 2 extra FPS. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Noel

I have the 353.06 driver installed and works just fine.

However there is no discernable difference I can see in Flt sim operation.

your idea about "ain't broke" is wise, though.

I use that with bios updates.

Yes I have.Shadow play now does not record.I have tried everything but no luck.

Really hacked off and wish I had never upgraded.

Anthin.

It works fine for me.  Perhaps you forgot to put a check in Allow Desktop Capture.

I"m with 'birdguy' on this one.  I'm still on 344.75 and don't plan on upgrading unless the upgrade specifically relates to flight simming. These new releases pertain to new video game releases and unless you play that particular game you're not really gaining anything as far as your sim goes. I used to just automatically grab the newest release until an upgrade installation that I really didn't need aborted and locked my machine up to the point where I had to do a 'System Restore' to get things back. If it ain't broke don't fix it is true in my estimation, too.

Glad I read this, so think I will follow the wise advice here and not change things as they are working fine.

Tried Shadow play a couple of weeks ago and could not get it to work.

It works fine for me.  Perhaps you forgot to put a check in Allow Desktop Capture.

Mmmmm, I forgot to check the box too, now it works fine.

Thanks for the tip, the FTX forums are full of useful info.

Maybe I got those problems because of using DX10. I havent had time for troubleshooting yet but going back one version would fix the problem I know.

I'm on DX10in FSX too.. maximum possible settings with all slider right, 32xDX10AA, Ground object shadows on, heavy clouds... and shadowplay recording, working like a charm :) 

You are right, Jeff. That is just because of me being lazy. I got a new card and havent corrected my sig. But will do now :)

Phew!! you had me worried there Jan, I see you have upgraded to a GTX 970, the new drivers have more to offer a 900series card than earlier series. I am surprised you are having problems. Did you let Geforce Experience Auto update or did you download from Nvidia and install from the .exe. I always do the latter, with custom Custom Clean install. It might be best if you do a "Custom" Clean install of Driver v353.06.

And my fault again. I checked drivers and noticed that I had the previous version installed. Now I got the new one and I got further than with the older driver. I am now above Brandenburg on my way to Norway.

Seems to work right now :)

Woo Hoo  :D Jan, at least the screens not black anymore, glad you are back in the friendly skies.

Me on the other hand am chasing down an annoying BSOD, running Memtest86+ revealed more than 2000 errors on one of my RAM modules and 17 on the other :o. Bugger, I hope they fall within the limited lifetime warranty, and are still available RMA's are a pain, my wallet is going to get a decent pounding if the answer is NO!

I sure hope that's where my BSOD'S stop, because with errors like that it may have corrupted some of my OS and FSX/Orbx installation.

I feel this   :banghead:  coming on, its going to be painful.

Good luck, Jeff. :wacko:

Sometimes it is really pain in the a**. You just want to fly after the All Days work fixing other people´s computers and then you can start repairing your own.

With the new driver it seems to work. I am just entering Norwegian airspace. But I tried without Nvidia  Inspector this time ( I forgot to activate). Doesnt look that good but it works :)

Thanks for the compassionate response Jan,

Its a public holiday here tomorrow so I may need to wait for the supplier mid week, hopefully he will brighten my horizon.

I spend a little time here helping out, but when it comes to PC repairs I'm usually the goto guy for family and friends. I don't have a reliable local source for hardware or tech support so this does come as quite a blow. I guess I can still limp along with dodgey RAM until it is replaced. :ph34r:

Archived