Patience is a virtue.....

Triplane

Hi,

This is very unusual!

Usually this occurs when there is lack of sufficient room for the unwrapped in our HD / SSD.

Do not forget that Windows uses space, by an average, which is three times the size of the original package!

Cheers,

I purchased it and immediately downloaded it about 10 hours ago using the Australian server. 

Downloading took about 20 minutes, which was not unexpected for the 1GB size.

Unwrapping/installation took longer than usual but was only about three minutes.

Happily, I have never experienced the long downloading and unwrapping times with Orbx products which some people have reported. However, usually I have bought from FSS the back-up disk for a large size product and waited for that to arrive in the mail before installing.

Gary

Thanks for the input. It finally installed. And it only took a little over 9 hours :-[ . I reinstalled all my FSX "stuff" on a new drive yesterday and everything else, including lots of ORBX, installed just fine. Just for the heck of it I decided to let the W28 unwrap run to see what would eventually happen...if it had taken any longer I would probably been too old to enjoy it ::) . Strange things these computers...Thanks again...

Doug

Hi Doug,

if I were you I would at least try to investigate this, 9 hours is odd. There is either an issue with your HDD/SSDs or with HD space and/or with the swap file or with registry settings (sometimes you are told to insert a "1" into HLKM/something and forgot you did it) or something different. Unfortunately, I am not enough of an expert to really help here.

Kind regards, Michael

Archived