EU England missing a cathedral!

Nigelhj

Have EU England which was purchased as a DVD some time ago from Flight Store, I do a lot of flying around Lincolnshire where I live and enjoy navigating visually as the roads/airfields/power stations are more or less spot on and provides the opportunity of admiring the flat and featurless area of Lincolnshire whilst flying between 2 - 3000ft.  (Used to fly from Wickenby in the seventies as well as Swinderby and Cranwell and flew in the Tiger Moth, Auster, Supercub, Cessna 172 as well as a few more but the costs against my pay at the time to obtain my PPL was too much so kept to gliding as a consolation).  Anyway, getting back to the point of this post is that one building missing is Lincoln Cathedral which has played a large part for aircrew especially during the 2nd world war of being a landmark for coming home to their bases in Bomber County. 

Just wondering whether you might consider this for any future update and maybe also include Lincoln Castle which stands opposite?

I will now go and hide!!

Regards

Nigel.

Funny you say that...there's a thread on here that was previewing alot of small updates and upgraded building, churches and cathedrals etc...yet there's been no movement or response in whats actually going on with it and this was sometime ago now.

An upgraded Shard and 2 of Londons newest skyscrapers the Walkie Talkie and Cheesegrater were previewed...

Hi Toriu many thanks for the suggestion of where to put my request, will do that now.

bradley27, hopefully at some point they will update/upgrade as per customers requests but may well only do so whe nthey consider that there are enough suggestions to make it worthwhile.

Regards

Nigel.

The problem with cathedrals, castles, large houses etc etc is exactly how far do you take it. Getting even the major ones in would be quite a task....there's always going to be one, or several, missed.

With that in mind I'm pretty sure they said some while back that England as a region is now considered complete. The fact that there have been no POI updates for a couple of years now sort of confirms that. And, of course, the regions are not meant to be exact representations anyway.

So I think it might be down to someone in the community...if you're lucky!

Hello Uncle_adolph and many thanks for your comments regarding my request well, it just looks as though I will have to now forget about it!!

Bruce, I did actually put in a request to the Community Scenery Forum but did not realise it was purely for sharing sceneries still, some-one there might consider doing it....who knows?

Regards

Nigel.

Hello Dan, I take it from your post that you have created Lincoln Cathedral?  If you have is there a link for the download as still trying to navigate my way round this site.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Nigel.

Archived