FTX Norway AiTraffic

Jon Clarke

In My v2 of Central it shows a Config option. In Norway it says to enable Traffic GA, Passenger and Military. In what folder do these flightplans and Traffic.bgl exist? I do not see an entry in scenery\world\scenery whereas I do see entries of the NA & Aus traffic bgls.

If I may chime in here with a related question: the option gives me a popup I need the freeware NA AI package which made me think this wasn't really an option for Norway somehow. The information on the site tells me it's meant for NA only! But I seem to be wrong? What exactly does Traffic_ORBX_NOR contain? The routes that are being flown by the AI? And I need that NA package for the 3D models?

Can I install that NA AI package even if I only have FTX Norway installed? I also wonder if there will be traffic on all airports or only a few of the bigger ones. (Right now I am only interested in GA traffic btw).

I just like to understand how all this works and what I am actually doing when I install something and activate options. ;)

Hi Jeroen,

the three files that come with Norway SP1 are flightplan files, adding traffic to many of the smaller airports that don't receive any in the default AI flightplans (in fact, about half of the listed airports in NOR don't exist in default fSX/P3D at all). Since the author of the flightplan files didn't want to just rely on the few available default AI planes he utilized the custom models and repaints included in the NA GA package; hence the requirement for having it installed. It does mean though that some of the AI registrations will be North American.

In short, the main purpose of these flightplan files are to make the Norwegian airports and skies more alive with AI, they are not meant to be accurate in terms of movements and aircraft types/registrations. That's why they are deactivated by default in the NOR control panel.

If you only want to use the NA GA AI package for NOR then you can deactivate its North American flightplans in the control panel that comes with it.

Cheers, Holger 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived