How to Change TML Setting (tree HD)

Benny

Me stupid :wacko:

How to Change TML Setting
FSX:
1. Open FTX Central V2
2. Click SETTINGS in the bottom left corner, then click on the TOOLS tab
3. Open FTX Aero
4. In FTX Aero's menu bar, click on TML Setting, then Lock my TML Setting at ____, and change it to 2048 or 4096.

Well, I did it 10 time, even clic the APLY button.

When I open Aero again (from FTXC2 or not), it's back at 1024.

HELP ::)

Ben

Thanks Bruce, in my FSX config it was 2040 sine a wile.

Ok, here are my Trees HD in EU England (EGHI  think, but they look the same in Norway), are they ok? ????

trees002.jpg

trees004.jpg

trees006.jpg

trees007.jpg

trees008.jpg

trees009.jpg

trees010.jpg

trees011.jpg

Thanks guys

Ben

Well, in England Lord Tarzan would feel at home! LoL

But, as for your pictures, the trees are there: but do not know what, though seems a bit blurred ...

See this shot in EGHI:

2015-4-23_11-29-3-108.jpg

Anyway, it depends on each RIG ...

Cheers,

Haha..., the screenshots not highlighted in this aspect!

Everything is like the meetings in bars and night dances, "that Greek beauty" in the day after, on your side in bed, is not what you saw last night ... Hahaha!

But we have to agree: it's all much more "tropical", hahaha!

I'm just kidding! Do not get me wrong!

Cheers,

bump...

how are my HD trees

Hi Ben,

From the shots, your trees look good to me.  Aero does have a bug on some systems where the TML will show 1024 even if a higher setting is actually being used.  Ben is working on integrating Aero directly into FTXC V2, but it will be a while before it's done.

Thanks guys, let me rephrase...

I thought that the + (sign) shape (see picture bellow) of the tree would be gone with HD.... not a big deal just saying.

Ben

No, the cross shape remains the best and most efficient way of displaying trees in the sim; any increase in model detail would result in very poor performance :)  Trees HD, as stated, is mainly a texture replacement and switches the old low-resolution textures for more detailed and realistic ones; the cross-shaped tree models themselves stay pretty much the same (although we did optimize them).

Cheers,

Scott

For a crisp and clean scenic experience, please refer to this thread for P3D settings.. FSX setup is provided on the later pages too.

I have my P3Dv2.5 hotfix 5 setup as per the link and its just fantastic.

Mario

• 3 years later...

hello scott

I am having issues regarding to configure my hd trees for fsx steam edition,i am using ftx central 3,do you have any idea how to configure hd trees using ftx central 3,actually ftx central 2 installer is not working and installer gets hanged in starting.it would be good and i would appreciate if you can help me!

Thanks

Regards;

Aryan

Bump to the Texture Max Load Editor referred to by Anthin. I've posted the link in the forums a few times myself. Set it and forget it. Google it. Fly Away Simulations has it, for one. Holds whatever value you set it at.

jsapair

Archived