Light pole lighting ONLY comes on if I turn on my plane's lighting system...

...this is totally weird!  In the ORBX freeware airports, I have no glowing orbs (the lights) on the standards at night, UNLESS I press the 'L' tab on my keyboard, which of course turns off and on the lights on my aircraft.  This seems to also be tied into whether the lights on the pole standards are showing as illuminated or not.

If I don't turn on my aircraft lights...no pole lights lit up, as well.

How can I correct this...and how can the ORBX airport elements be tied into the light-on-aircraft command?!?!?

HELP!

Are you running FSX with DX10 mode?

If so, you may need to convert the light effect using Steves DX10 fixer tool.

Yes..in fact I am...(DX Mode..),and I think that I already tried converting them. I will try again...and see what happens...but about the L key..weird, huh?

Post Edit.  Well, I did un-check the EXCLUDE ORBX STREET LIGHTS. Perhaps they should not be converted. I will check the box...and if that changes this...will report this back on the thread.

I had a similar issue once... for me, the lights only came on with the aircraft lights, but adfitionally, they flashed in time with the aircraft strobes! ;)

I exited FSX, ran the fixer and it did it's automatic scan and convert... the problem went away for me...

hoping you havd some luck with it too...

Yes..in fact I am...(DX Mode..),and I think that I already tried converting them. I will try again...and see what happens...but about the L key..weird, huh?

Post Edit.  Well, I did un-check the EXCLUDE ORBX STREET LIGHTS. Perhaps they should not be converted. I will check the box...and if that changes this...will report this back on the thread.

As far as I know, and Adam_Z can confirm this, the EXCLUDE ORBX STREET LIGHTS should be left unchecked.  I don't think they are the source of your problem.

As far as I know, and Adam_Z can confirm this, the EXCLUDE ORBX STREET LIGHTS should be left unchecked.  I don't think they are the source of your problem.

Thank you...will go and check..and correct.  

I had a similar issue once... for me, the lights only came on with the aircraft lights, but adfitionally, they flashed in time with the aircraft strobes! ;)

I exited FSX, ran the fixer and it did it's automatic scan and convert... the problem went away for me...

Thank you for this...will go and do that right now!

Good news...and THANK YOU! Ran the Fixer (v2.6) again...running all sections...and when firing up FSX:MS, the pole standards were all lit up at night, now detached and independent of my 'L' key.  Rerunning the Fixer was what 'fixed' (smile) the problem.  Great tip!  

PNW

Archived