FTX England landclass issue

Derick

Hi - brand new user of FTX EU England here. I installed it into FSX SP2 level on my Windows 7 64 bit machine. All went well - no errors.

After setting all the recommended scenery levels, I took off from London's City airport - and the landmarks are accurate in appearance and placement. Great ! Next - I took off from the city of my birth - Plymouth, England and I didnt recognise it !!  There is a lighthouse on a grassy area by the seafront - but  on FSX there are generic houses !  etc .. etc

I must have done something wrong - all ideas gratefully accepted .

Bear in mind also that London is a major tourist spot with many world famous landmarks... Therefore it is likely to find many custom objects representing these landmarks. Same goes for other nationally well known landmarks.

Smaller town landmarks may be quite famous on a local level, but unlikely to be custom modelled due to relative obsurity.

Bear in mind also that London is a major tourist spot with many world famous landmarks... Therefore it is likely to find many custom objects representing these landmarks. Same goes for other nationally well known landmarks.

Smaller town landmarks may be quite famous on a local level, but unlikely to be custom modelled due to relative obsurity.

That makes sense. On reflection, it is probably expecting too much for every detail to be there. On the positive side, I did some more exploring of the surrounding areas and found two bridges spanning the river Tamar (the western boundary of Plymouth) - both were accurately portrayed.

Thank you all that  took the time to respond.

Derick I got all excited for a moment & thought Brunel's rail bridge had been added, alas not.

If anyone knows of an fsx addon please post the info. I would love to install this iconic landmark dating from 1859

i7wLci.jpg

Real world....the road bridge is newish & runs parallel to Brunel's 1859 rail bridge (engineering at its finest)

Royal_Albert_Bridge_2009.jpg

Archived