Trees HD will now BOOST YOUR PERFORMANCE!

This 'optimisation', is it a new thing? If so, maybe it could be used on a few of the troublesome airports i.e. Harvey Field, Jefferson, Anacortes and others I can't remember. Perhaps we wouldn't need to turn off some of the goodies. :smile:

I'm not sure where to ask this, but I'm wondering about something:

Will the trees HD package only be available for the FTX Regions? I would be so thankful... I will almost beg you to make them available as a pack for the whole world, just like FTX Global, FTX Vector and so on. This would absolutely amazing for the entire globe. Please? I would pay a good amount of money for it if it increases FPS and makes the trees look better.

pics look really good, even though i mainly fly heavies, hopefully the trees will make coming in for landings much more real,but of course i will buy any orbx global products,hope to see some more ftx global airports away from the west coast.

That's 10 fps comparing an older beta of the HD trees with a new beta: let's not forget that. With my current very high settings I get 30 fps in P3D but I won't expect an fps of 40 with this addon. It all depends on your settings. As was posted in the meantime a comparison between default trees and HD trees showed an increase of only a few fps. Still, any increase is welcome, of course.

I am a bit surprised by this topic because at first we were told this addon wouldn't hurt fps but apparently the older version that was talked about DID hurt fps. Luckily this was solved and things have improved. But imho statements about performance improvements should always be posted cautiously and read with a pinch of salt because as we all (should) know, performance is very system dependent. I am 100% certain most people will NOT get a 10 fps improvement with this addon just like that. Hence my slight amazement about the rather enthusiastic posts of the devs about this.

Actually, no version of Trees HD ever hurt FPS; I've been saying from the beginning that there was no noticeable FPS drop.  But with the new optimizations, Trees HD will literally make your sim run faster!  It sounds crazy but it's absolutely true.  Basically, it's like a CPU upgrade for your computer, only much cheaper, and with stunning new tree textures to boot!  So if you're getting 30 FPS in P3D right now, it is likely that you will see 35 FPS with Trees HD installed, depending on the deciduous tree density of the area you're flying in (the optimizations are mainly with the deciduous trees).  As you can see in my posts, I've seen up to a 12 FPS increase, but that is rare.  That's why we've been saying up to 10 FPS increase.  We haven't misled anybody, and we've been making enthusiastic posts simply because we're as excited by this as everybody else :D

This 'optimisation', is it a new thing? If so, maybe it could be used on a few of the troublesome airports i.e. Harvey Field, Jefferson, Anacortes and others I can't remember. Perhaps we wouldn't need to turn off some of the goodies. :smile:

Ron, the optimizations only apply to the autogen trees, and can't be applied to airports.  That being said, after Trees HD is released I plan to update 0S9 Jefferson Co to give it a triple installer, improve performance by applying our latest practices, and add a few new goodies to boot :)

I'm not sure where to ask this, but I'm wondering about something:

Will the trees HD package only be available for the FTX Regions? I would be so thankful... I will almost beg you to make them available as a pack for the whole world, just like FTX Global, FTX Vector and so on. This would absolutely amazing for the entire globe. Please? I would pay a good amount of money for it if it increases FPS and makes the trees look better.

As the other posters said, it is indeed a worldwide autogen tree upgrade!  It doesn't matter what ORBX products you own, or even if you own none at all, Trees HD will replace all autogen tree textures and improve performance.  If you own regions though, you will have the added benefit of your region-specific trees getting upgraded too!

• 2 weeks later...

its 5:30 am here in Florida, i jumped up just to see if this was released yet,it takes alot to get me excited at 37, but orbx global series products seem to do it everytime,when na lc comes out i will probably be jumping up and down on the bed lol, sorry still a kid at heart when it comes to Orbx, thanks Orbx Team.

Archived