KORS Initial Opening Elevation Problem

Jotayhen

I'm experiencing somewhat of a different elevation problem at KORS.  When I select KORS at the FSX opening screen FSX opens with my aircraft several thousand feet above KORS.  If I select a different airport and fly into KORS all of the elevations are correct and I land without incident.  I can then save the flight when a park the aircraft, reopen it and all is well. I can even slew the a/c down to the airport and begin the flight at that point.

I had to recently re-install FSX and I subsequently re-installed my Orbx products including all of the patches and the latest library (February, 2015).

I have done the following:

Opened the Vector Config tool, ran and applied the auto elevation adjustment. It could not select KORS for elevation adjustment as KORS does not appear in the list of airports available for adjustment.

Checked FSX\scenery\world\scenery to see if I have any KORS elevation file duplications or missing files - also I do not have a competing KORS_AEC_Elevation.off file competing with the .bgl file.

Cycled through FTX central (global to North America & back)

Reinstalled KORS then the latest PNW patch (8) then the latest library (Feb, 2015)

Any suggestions?

• 6 months later...

What's the elevation of the airport your aircraft is initially parked at when you select KORS from the selection screen?  Have you started FSX from "scratch" or have you landed someplace at a higher elevation than KORS, selected KORS, and then experienced your problem?  This happened to me once, until I realized I was switching to KORS from an airport which was at a higher elevation.

Stew

Do you have your ORBX libraries up to date?  You are correct about not seeing KORS in the Vector AEC...that airport is already set at the correct elevation.  As others have said above about starting a new flight somewhere that has a different elevation, immediately after completing a flight, your best option always is to get out of the sim and restart fresh.

-Jim

Archived