Ftx global lights bug

ildifra

Hi again,I m sorry to write again about lights bug into low visibility but I m waiting for a fix from months and

Still nothing.....

I know about dx10 fixer solution but I don t want (as many other fsx owners)pass to dx 10 for many good reason ...

I fly in europe and here fog is really usual and seeing streets lights into low visibility is really unreal....

is support working to fix it or do I have to unistall global ..???

Regards

Luca Di Francesco

Hi again,I m sorry to write again about lights bug into low visibility but I m waiting for a fix from months and

Still nothing.....

I know about dx10 fixer solution but I don t want (as many other fsx owners)pass to dx 10 for many good reason ...

I fly in europe and here fog is really usual and seeing streets lights into low visibility is really unreal....

is support working to fix it or do I have to unistall global .. ???

Regards

Luca Di Francesco

Sir,  What made you change your mind?  Using DX10 and Steve's fixer is the answer to your problem.  If using DX10 is a problem for you, then that's your choice.

Hi stewart,i m not agree with you..

When I bought ftx global I supposed to buy a 100% workingproduct.....

It happens often to buy addon with initial bug that are fixed with updates or patches......

But pass to dx 10 to fix a bug of a product that born for fsx dx 9 (my opinion)is not a good solution for me....

Passing to dx10 mean:no more enb

Another fsx config

Problem with many other non compatible addons

Etc..

Now if these are not good reason for u they are for me and for many other simmers...

Thanks for answer and regards

Luca di francesco

And another important consideration:

Spend other money to buy a second addon to fix a bug of a first addon cannot be considered a solution....

A solution to fix a bug of a product must be free.

This sound more like a "fraud".

Regards

Luca di francesco

Sorry..I forget my order number....

Luca di francesco

Fss0224219

Hi Luca

There are many aspects of FSX that aren't perfect.  Try setting overcast clouds in the weather screen and then flying above them.  You will still see lots of spaces between the clouds where you can see the ground.

If you have visibility set to 10km close to the ground but unlimited higher up, when you are flying high and look down, the visibility will appear to be unlimited all the way to the ground. 

In the real world if you fly towards a mountain range with strong winds you will experience turbulence and rising and falling air.  In FSX you do not experience this.

In the real world you don't see the same sort of waves on lakes and rivers that you see in the ocean.  In FSX many lakes and river show the same waves as in the oceans.

In FSX as you leave one weather region and fly into another you will see abrupt changes, visibility and clouds instantly change.

In FSX the clouds often appear to be set hard into the ground and there is a definite line visible on the surface.

None of the above problems are realistic and none were considered important enough to address within the budget and time of the original development, they are a function of the limited ability of the code to deal with simulating the real world.

Your problem with the visibility of lights in fog is no different.  It is a result of code limitations.  There is a payware fix, just the same as there are payware fixes for some of the other problems I've listed above.  You can choose to fly with the limitations of the code in the product you've purchased, or, purchase an add-on that someone has worked for hours, weeks , months and years to produce that will address the issue.

Saying that there is an issue of Global not being perfect to your requirements constitutes fraud is like saying that Microsoft Windows not being able to produce Word .docx documents without buying Office is fraudulent. 

Archived