Advice needed EVGA GTX780

petehowell57

HI folks

Started this thread on the EGVA forum, but only one reply so far. Hoping you gurus here might be able to help.

I have just acquired a  12 month old GTX780 Classified to replace my GTX480.    The card does seem to be an improvement (as you would expect) but when looking at it on Precision 16 and Afterburner I have noticed that at idle the Core frequency is 324 MHz as is the Memory frequency.  In game the core jumps to 1110 MHz and the Memory jumps to 3005 MHz.  Is this correct?

Also I have a dual monitor setup. When I boot up, the startup screen (black with white figures and the Starting Windows - with coloured squares) appears on the secondary monitor. After a few seconds, the blue signing in screen appears on the primary monitor and everything then works as expected.  Is this normal for this card?  It never happened with the 480.

I am concerned that I may have been sold a faulty card.  It is covered by EVGA's excellent warranty, but even so I could do with my mind being put at rest please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Pete

Pete its windows os and the nvidia driver sorting out which monitor you have id as 1, also if you use hdmi connector or another connector like display port it will auto deligate the boot up too hdmi then swap to your preferenced monitor, i have a 4k g-sync monitor id as 1 and a dell 27 hdmi id 2 and it always boots on the dell then swaps to the id 1 asus. hope your not confused.

rick

Archived