The two most amazing ORBX purchases, ever....

Orbx Flyer

Yes, they are all good...great in fact...but the two purchases from all that I have done...that keeps me mesmerized are these:

1. ORBX Norway (FAT)

2. Palm Springs, California.

I absolutely enjoy each fat and sub region that I have purchased, that rocks my flight simulation world...but the two above...just keeps me coming back and back. There is just (I dunno....) a 'so real' feel to both of the above....  Anywhere I take off from, or land...in Norway, has me convinced it's the real deal, as far as computer generated graphics can take you.  The same for Palm Springs and surrounding area. The mountains around the 'Springs' are superb, and one of my favorite flights is Palm Springs, to San Diego.  Add in Active Sky Next...and you are there.

I'm sure we all love each of our ORBX purchases...and each one (yes..) is unique, as the developer wished to highlight their 'paint or take' of the scenery.

I can't wait for a fat region of Southern California....perhaps sliding somewhat into Mexico on the coast....and animalFlow whales, dolphins, killer whales, in the Baha Peninsula....(wish list).

I'm sure the reader has two or three 'keep coming back to' ORBX products that they can state, and I'd be very interested to see where the reader's attention in ORBX World, is drawn. You now know my favorite two places to hang out, sim-wise... ::)  

Norway Splendor:

I feel your joy! For me as an Orbx customer of several years (never disappointed) my current fave of late is Jacksons Intl in Papau New Guinea and the Emo missions by Ken and Tim. Truly great bush pilot challenges - there are numerous mountain strips in the "Highlands" that are sure to whet your appetite for some fantastic bush flying - awesome value :) part of global and you will never tire of the experience ( make sure you have STOL planes) LOVE IT :)

PNG is great and provides great flying, but whenever I don't know where I want to fly I always end up in Alice Springs

There is something about YBAS Alice Springs that draws me there frequently as well. I cannot put my finger on it. It is out in the middle of nowhere, off the beaten path and there is not much to look at on the way there. However, there is some magic about it. Maybe its like coming across an oasis after traveling across the barren desert, or maybe because it feels like such an outpost. I don't know....my favorite color is red, so maybe that's the magic...lol. Whatever the case, I am with you Taph, Alice Springs draws me to it like a moth to a flame :)

I feel your joy! For me as an Orbx customer of several years (never disappointed) my current fave of late is Jacksons Intl in Papau New Guinea and the Emo missions by Ken and Tim. Truly great bush pilot challenges - there are numerous mountain strips in the "Highlands" that are sure to whet your appetite for some fantastic bush flying - awesome value :) part of global and you will never tire of the experience ( make sure you have STOL planes) LOVE IT :)

Thanks for your input to the thread!   That's one of the offerings that I have not dropped the dime on...  Yes, I have a STOL, and am really into bush and back-country. I do that on the U.S. West Coast via ORBX 'FATS'. You like this,huh?  I'll have to check it out.  ::)

PNG is great and provides great flying, but whenever I don't know where I want to fly I always end up in Alice Springs

Ok...I'll have to dial up Alice Springs, and see what you like about it....haven't gone there, either.  I have all the ORBX 'fats' for the West Coast.  I was reading another thread about Misty Moorings (do a Google search for this) and as a result have loaded all that into the ORBX areas.  Totally compliments their great work.  Highly recommended ,if you have not already delved into this.  

There is something about YBAS Alice Springs that draws me there frequently as well. I cannot put my finger on it. It is out in the middle of nowhere, off the beaten path and there is not much to look at on the way there. However, there is some magic about it. Maybe its like coming across an oasis after traveling across the barren desert, or maybe because it feels like such an outpost. I don't know....my favorite color is red, so maybe that's the magic...lol. Whatever the case, I am with you Taph, Alice Springs draws me to it like a moth to a flame :)

YBAS, huh....ok....----------------------------------------------->gone!  Going to check this out....

Ybas was one of my first orbx purchases only a few weeks after i returned from a trip to Australia. I was amazed how real it looked and showed some screenshots to my girlfriend and compared them with photos we took from ANZAC hill. It was almost like being there again. Can't wait for the prepar3d v2 version....

I will be purchasing 1 more Scenery before the weekend is out,  Palm Springs looks amazing but also so does Jacksons Airport,  decisions decisions.   By both i hear you say,  hard to know. More Youtub Videos i think  

Palm Springs will not disappoint you...

Bring suntan lotion..and be sure to use BOB to walk around the entire scenery. Well worth the walk....!

Archived