FTX Norway seasons

gsumner

Guys

Just installed Norway and she's lovely, even just after a few minutes airborne you can tell this product is another winner.

One thing I've noticed though is that it seems to have a different hard winter than FSX.

I first took off from Bergen X which was white to see that Norway was still green. I un-ticked the Norway items from my scenery.cfg editor and FSX Norway was indeed white. I'm not questioning who is right or wrong (FSX ,Bergen X or ORBX) but I just wondered if there are any particular dates in which FTX Norway will be in its hard winter colours so we can match our Norway X airports and how best to handle seasonal changes in this fantastic new addon.

Great product guys even for a tube driver.

Regards

Graham

Hi Graham,

NOR uses a custom seasons lookup file to determine the seasons, most airports like Bergen X that were originally designed for FSX have the seasons matched to the default lookup file. It's a pretty easy compatibility update for developers to recompile their photoreal imagery but if you'd like to get a perfect match in the meantime, January will probably be the best month to go for since it is usually covered in snow in default and the new lookups.

Hi,

Thank you.

Ive noticed some scenery you have to manually adjust the seasons within the addon options program but the hard winter seems to be triggered by dates. Ill go for January as a change over for hard winter then as you suggest.

Great scenery Alex . . . well done to you all.

Graham

I can confirm that in FSX I do have seasonal differences (usually switch to February manually to see "winter" textures), but that in P3Dv2 I can't get seasons to change no matter what month I am using...

I have tried in FSX and P3D v2.4 . No Seasonal differences at all.  I have gone from December, right through to April.....  Norway must be blessed with perpetual Summer....  ???

Ok...sort of weird...but I tried FEB 15 in FSX, and got hard winter textures at OSLO.  

ORBX need to address this somehow. Hard Winter ground textures should act/respond to Winter Season months and/or dates like any other scenery package from them, or another 3PD.

To only have winter textures in Norway by dialing in Feb 15....is not acceptable for a package of this scope and cost!

Anything else to do with Norway....day, night....visuals....top rate...   

Hi PNW User,

Please open a new thread for your support issue. Norway has a custom seasons lookup that corresponds to months, as stated above. Consulting the lookup it shows that Oslo has snow from January through March so something appears to be amiss with your installatin.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi PNW User,

Please open a new thread for your support issue. Norway has a custom seasons lookup that corresponds to months, as stated above. Something is amiss with your installation.

Cheers,

Alex

Ok Alex...I will.  Here is a pic of Norway at FEB 15 with snow textures...

Should I just try and reinstall the whole package, once more?

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/lvr

December 15/2014....

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/lvW

Hi guys,

have a look here at the details of the seasons control file for FTX Norway; it should give you an indication when to expect snow on the ground and where: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89258-seasons-in-ftx-norway/

Note that you can always force a switch to the all-white ("hard winter") ground textures by selecting a weather situation with active snow fall and then refreshing the scenery library.

Cheers, Holger

OK, let's keep things in one place and clear the topic Holger posted here => http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/89258-seasons-in-ftx-norway/ gives a clear explanation as what is done for the seasonal changes before we all wander of the topic, let's keep it clear and to the point, hence this one is locked.

Archived