Floating runway lights

mopperle

Noticed that the runway lights are floating in the air:

enva_p3d_ftx_nor.jpg

Running P3Dv2.4 with FTX Global, Vector, openLC EU, FTX Norway, FSGlobal Ultimate, all latest versions, latest libs and AEC running, FTX Central set to EU.

Picture is taken at Trondheim, but the same in Namsos

I am experiencing the same exact thing. I am not running any 3rd party add-onns.

This is only happening In Norway.

I may have set FTX Central to Default before installing Norway if that might make a difference but I tried re-installing Norway and I still get the same problem.

Hi guys,

when switching to outside view and lowering the viewpoint I can see the floating lights too at Trondheim and Namsos. Note though that they remain that way when you temporarily deactivate NOR. Moreover, if you pick other high-latitude airports, like Fairbanks in Alaska, you see the same behavior. This doesn't happen in FSX, it's P3Dv2 that has a number of issues with "shifting" objects and effects; we already know of those shifts with increasing altitudes but it seems the same is true for higher latitudes as well.

I don't believe there's any parameter in the airport xml code that allows one to change the height of runway and taxiway lights relative to the runway altitude so this looks like one of those things that Lockheed-Martin will have to address. They are aware of the object/effect offsets at higher altitudes, so, hopefully, this is an expression of the same "bug" and can get fixed at the same time.

Cheers, Holger

Yes, this is LM related. Guess you have noted the taxiway centerlines and edge lines in P3D are way offset at times. Also at the default airports. I have told this to LM at least two times, but nobody see fit to answer, so I take it for the time being, we are left in the dark.

Thanks for the reply and help Holger.

I believe it is likely as you described - high altitude and higher latitudes may tend to exibit this issue in P3D.

But being that this is very prominent issue at the southern tip of Norway and at near sea level, how is it that there are not more support querries for this problem. Everybody should be experiencing this if they are using P3D and there are quite a few people who have switched over by now. This would logically be a great problem for all of us who are using P3D 2 but I have only seen just a few of us who have noticed it.

Thanks for the reply and help Holger.

I believe it is likely as you described - high altitude and higher latitudes may tend to exibit this issue in P3D.

But being that this is very prominent issue at the southern tip of Norway and at near sea level, how is it that there are not more support querries for this problem. Everybody should be experiencing this if they are using P3D and there are quite a few people who have switched over by now. This would logically be a great problem for all of us who are using P3D 2 but I have only seen just a few of us who have noticed it.

No, mate. Everyone should be watching these reports and waiting for a solution as I myself am. But as Holguer said, the solution should come from the LM, as this issue is proper to P3D system.

Thank you very much for your report, let's hope a solution is soon!  <_<

Cheers,

No, mate. Everyone should be watching these reports and waiting for a solution as I myself am. But as Holguer said, the solution should come from the LM, as this issue is proper to P3D system.

Thank you very much for your report, let's hope a solution is soon!  <_<

Cheers,

I very much agree Voyager. This issue will need to be patched by LM - I did not mean to imply different.

It's just that it's a rather large issue and I am just surprised not too many others seem to be reporting it. And I now feel kinda caught off guard being that Norway is a P3D compatible addon.

Archived