Error messaqge in Vector AEC

After installing FTX EU Norway and trying to run AEC Auto-Configuration I get the error message "Unhandled exception........... Cannot create a file when that file already exists". Any ideas what to do? Yes I have deleted the .vprofile files in the Vector library.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

JJ we seem to share this problem, I have deleted AS Tromso and Vaernes (Trondheim). Still no luck. Next step would be to delete Norway, as my Vector Config ran fine before the install. Before I try this, have you had any success.

This message usually indicates that you have a bgl & inactive file present, for example AEC_YMML.inactive & AEC_YMML.bgl.

Find all the *.inactive files in the Vector folders and remove them. This will reset the Config tool to default i.e. everything ticked and active.

Thanks Ed, cleaned up files as advised, configurator now runs. checked on some areas that needed correction, looking good. Reloaded AS Tromso, ran config, looks good. Haven't reloaded in AS Vaernes yet, should be good though.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

This message usually indicates that you have a bgl & inactive file present, for example AEC_YMML.inactive & AEC_YMML.bgl.

Find all the *.inactive files in the Vector folders and remove them. This will reset the Config tool to default i.e. everything ticked and active.

Ed. I've had the vector configuration for a while. I've been using it when I install addons. AI went to use it a couple days ago to run the auto-configuration. I'm getting an Unhandled Exception. It say's. Cannot create a file when that file already exists. The error doesn't mention what file it is So for now, I can't run the auto configuration. Looking at your info above. I did look at all the files in the vector folders. There are a whole lot of inactive-files in the vector folders. To delete them to set the config tool back to default, with everything active, so I can use the tool. Deleting the inactive files in all the vector folders, would probably take me all day, unless there is an easier/quicker way to delete all of them?.

Would it be easier to uninstall the vector configuration tool and reinstall it. Than run the auto configuration tool, and hope I don't get any errors. If this would be easier. Where is the FTX Vector Configuration Tool,exe so I can re-down load the tool.

GrayRider

Archived