nw demo info

tonyg200

after installing demo file when clicking FTX Central icon get application was unable to start correctly using Windows 7  all files have installed to FSX folder and are placed on top in scenery file

I want to download the full package but want to be sure it will install properly to my FSX folder

I have FSX installed on drive C and all files on drive E

also have FSX installed on drive D and use same files on drive E  using the registry work around

any info will be great as I am new to ORBX

i have FSX installed on drive C which is online  also installed on second hard drive D which is always offline since 2007  all files are in one FSX folder in third drive E

I install all updates to my flight sims & train sims to drive C and use drive D for using sims cause no overhead no virus or maleware programs not many services running

I see on install of NW demo only installed files to FSX folder but no entry in programs and features and very little info in registry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

will that be the same for full global install  should I unistall demo files in FSX folder before install of Global

I have used this setup since 2007 it is quite simple I have a multi-boot setup

first I installed FSX to drive C in the options I sent all files to drive E

drive C has always been gateway to internet for all updates to all my programs

I then installed FSX to drive D which has been offline since 2007 after install changed D:\FSX to oldFSX

opened registry and changed FSX entrys from D:\FSX to E:\FSX reboot and now FSX uses drive E

all updates like the NW demo install from drive C to drive E are used by both FSX programs 

I have never had any problem except FSX runs much better from drive D because their is no overhead

no internet no virus or maleware programs small service processes etc etc

now I came to this forum to get some info and no one has replyed I will have to do research on the internet

Tonyg

I have used this setup since 2007 it is quite simple I have a multi-boot setup

first I installed FSX to drive C in the options I sent all files to drive E

drive C has always been gateway to internet for all updates to all my programs

I then installed FSX to drive D which has been offline since 2007 after install changed D:\FSX to oldFSX

opened registry and changed FSX entrys from D:\FSX to E:\FSX reboot and now FSX uses drive E

all updates like the NW demo install from drive C to drive E are used by both FSX programs 

I have never had any problem except FSX runs much better from drive D because their is no overhead

no internet no virus or maleware programs small service processes etc etc

now I came to this forum to get some info and no one has replyed I will have to do research on the internet

Tonyg

Hi Tonyg,

I'm slightly confused by your setup. I'm not aware of a way that you can disable internet access for a single drive as the storage medium isn't even the part that connects to the internet.

Nevertheless, can you please check that you have the latest version of the Orbx libraries for FSX? You can download it from the support page on the website.

Additionally, if you get the error again, would you be able to take a screenshot of it for us?

If you need any more information, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• 1 month later...

hello everyone

I am sorry for not replying to my first questions on using the demo for FSX

have not been able to use my computer for a month

I have now a new setup and have prepar3d installed on drive C and FSX installed on drive D

I installed the the latest PN demo for prepar3d and set it to C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2

the orbx files were placed in that folder my registry pointers read correctly for both Prepad3d and FSX

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0  setuppath=d:\fsx\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2  setuppath=C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\

I would like to enhance the default scenery with ORBX global but first have to get the demo to work with my setup

any ideas about using a dummy FSX.exe file placed on my C drive or edit of the orbx xml files

thanks  in advance

TonyG

Archived