Flocks of birds in Orbx region scenery

freddy

I am not sure if this post needs to be in this General Discussion forum, or in the Product Support forum.  Please move if needs be.

I remember a time, a while ago, when the Australia Region used to have flocks of birds suddenly burst up and fly out of the trees as I flew low and slow close to forested areas.  I have not seen those flocks of birds for a while, and cannot recall reading in any release notes if they'd been removed.  Having said that, I guess they may have been removed as new technologies such as creature flow etc were developed.

Can anyone shed any light on what happened to the flocks of birds?  I do miss the immersion they brought to the sim experience.

Hi Freddy,

I still see these flocks of white birds quite regularly in FSX, although I have no idea what mechanism activates them - it could be the checkbox for "Advanced Animations" in FSX Settings > Display tab. Make sure this box is checked and recheck for these flocks.

If you want to fill in gaps with enhanced airports, and do a few other things like put in flocks of birds or leaping fish,

it's worth a small investiment in something like Flight1's Instant Scenery2.

I have used with great effect.... lots of Birds a.o. 8)  8)

Henrik

Advanced animations is checked on, and Thermal visualization is set to "natural".

... but the issue for me will likely be related to what Tim Harris posted ... I have my Autogen slider set to "Normal".

OK, cool, no problem.  They haven't been removed (that's great to know).  And, at least now I have a reason as to why I am personally not seeing them in my sim.

Thanks one and all.

Are they dependent on the vegetation slider or the buildings slider in Prepar3D 2.4?

No idea, a question for LM probably as it was they who split the items, assuming its the building slider

I've been noticing birds more often ever since I got Global, and I wonder if I'm the only one who's noticed this. :)

Correct, the dense forest class seen in most countries has a few bird flocks among it

Archived