KHQM - Bowerman

DonB312

I just had a beautiful flight up the coast of Oregon with a nice landing at KHQM Bowerman. It was my first visit to this airport and I was so impressed with the high quality and detail (especially for a freeware airport) that I felt compelled to post a few screenshots. Many thanks to Orbx for the enjoyment that their wonderful scenery provides.

FBf4g90.jpg

K66jjv4.jpg

gZpf2zz.jpg

8ttxbY9.jpg

-Don

One of my favorite airports!  How did you get the grassy tarmac? 

Hi TuFun. These screenshots were taken in P3D v2.4 using Tim Harris' KHQM from the freeware page of the Orbx site. I didn't make any changes to the scenery and I also didn't edit the pictures other than cropping them a bit.

Hi TuFun. These screenshots were taken in P3D v2.4 using Tim Harris' KHQM from the freeware page of the Orbx site. I didn't make any changes to the scenery and I also didn't edit the pictures other than cropping them a bit.

Hi,

This is not the default aspect of KHQM.

Grassy tarmac is an option in REX4/airports/terrain bumpmap, which permit to choose asphalt or concrete taxiways to be made with grass. 

I don't like the result, KHQM is the best as it has been done by its creators.

Hi,

This is not the default aspect of KHQM.

Grassy tarmac is an option in REX4/airports/terrain bumpmap, which permit to choose asphalt or concrete taxiways to be made with grass. 

I don't like the result, KHQM is the best as it has been done by its creators.

You are correct skyranger. I do have Rex4 installed. I didn't think of that when I took the screenshots. When I restored the textures back to the ones that were there before Rex4 was installed the apron texture appears smoother (see below). But I think I rather like the rougher look with the bumpmap. But I can also understand why some may prefer the smoother look. Note that I also have P3D set to Summer which is why the textures have a greenish hue. If I set it to Winter the texture looks more grey.

But, with or without Rex4, I still think Tim did an awesome job on this airport. :)

6HDI2NO.jpg

-Don

Archived