A P3D V2 trip from Hayward Executive to Monterey (KHWD-KMRY) (P3D)

shipdriver

Longer than my usual videos, this shows a trip in my favorite light twin (Milviz B-55) from Hayward, CA (southeast of Oakland) down to ORBX's fantastic Monterey in Prepar3D V2.4. The flight path goes over San Jose and by the southern portion of San Francisco Bay which is a sight to behold.

http://youtu.be/A8R_SzRrmWM

Thanks!

Actually, I don't have any tweaks. Actually, I take that back- I have DSR on in the Nvidia Control Panel, and SGAA transparency AA set in NI. Because of DSR, Aniso filtering is off. I do have pretty aggressive settings in the sim because I am still experimenting- things like autogen all at Very Dense, most shadows turns on, some reflections, HDR on, volumetric fog on, etc. I just installed P3D two weeks ago or so, and so 2.4 is the only version I have dealt with.

My main problem with P3D is the water handling- the Fresnel effect is too aggressive to the point that when looking down at water with darker textures (e.g. ORBX custom textures or REX inland textures) it is almost, or actually is, pitch black. I would gladly tweak that but I haven't found where.

I am pretty sure many video-makers (and screenshot artists for that matter) like the "video-gamey" heavy contrast, so I suspect that sometimes there are post effects added in or heavy-handed use of Shade or Sweetfx type products. V2.3 and earlier may have been different in this respect as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived