Completing the Orbxification

Mickel

Well folks... after being an early adopter of Global and insta-buying regions, I've sat on the sideline with Vector, openLC and the mesh.  Today I changed that.  Over the next little while I'm downloading the lot (man I miss cable internet...).  So... I'll need to extract the other guy's vector from the sim (it served me well enough), and install this lot.  Wish me luck.

Other than backing up the bridgeroads.dds file first, do the experienced hands have any advice for not screwing it up completely?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike, all I can say is you will not regret taking on the full ORBX suite (disk space provided). It is nothing but awesome. And it all installs flawlessly with no hicups that I can recall. Oh I just remembered there is one major point, you will need a Global Mesh as well if you have not already got one. I use Pilots.

Hi Mike, all I can say is you will not regret taking on the full ORBX suite (disk space provided). It is nothing but awesome. And it all installs flawlessly with no hicups that I can recall. Oh I just remembered there is one major point, you will need a Global Mesh as well if you have not already got one. I use Pilots.

Another recommendation here for the Pilots product.  I won't go into details but there was recently a thread on Avsim talking about the whole FSGenesis management change fiasco and some details came to light in that thread that, well, let's just say because of them I jumped ship even though I actually have all the FSGenesis stuff up until the management change.  Should be pretty easy to find it anyone wants the details (thread was within the last couple weeks).  I will just say that I feel bad for the original owner at this point and I'll never recommend FSGenesis while it's under its current ownership.

Hello,

I'm just getting back into Flight Sims after quite a few years, and plan on going "whole hog" with orbx scenery. I intend to get global and vector, possibly EU-LC, and then start up on NA regions.

I've been doing lots of research on the net, browsing various forums, etc.....and I saw person claim that once they added FS global mesh FTX ed., they could no longer use nice aircraft or airports without going oom within minutes.

Now, this was a single persons claim, and I believe he was using FSX, whereas (since I'm starting over) going with P3D. I think this is the best place to ask.

So does anyone have problems running FTX global, Vector, LC........and the Pilots FS mesh FTX ed. ?

Or was this a single person with FSX who may not have had his FSX set up properly ?

Any information or experience is appreciated. Thank you ^-^

Hello,

I'm just getting back into Flight Sims after quite a few years, and plan on going "whole hog" with orbx scenery. I intend to get global and vector, possibly EU-LC, and then start up on NA regions.

I've been doing lots of research on the net, browsing various forums, etc.....and I saw person claim that once they added FS global mesh FTX ed., they could no longer use nice aircraft or airports without going oom within minutes.

Now, this was a single persons claim, and I believe he was using FSX, whereas (since I'm starting over) going with P3D. I think this is the best place to ask.

So does anyone have problems running FTX global, Vector, LC........and the Pilots FS mesh FTX ed. ?

Or was this a single person with FSX who may not have had his FSX set up properly ?

I run all that you mention with Pilots Global 2010 FSX and have no problem at all with oom.

Just remember to end flights and start new ones, never swap planes, places etc while in a flight. End and start a new flight. This is the case for FSX, I can't speak for P3D.

Anton via Tapatalk

Hello,

I can also agree: i do not have any problems in FSX with the full global package, it is just a pleasure. And P3D should have better memory management.

Don't know about P3D but no problems here with FSX.  I'm also running it in DX10 though which helps a LOT because it doesn't need to use VAS memory to mirror the video card.  The person you are talking about may have been using something like the PMDG 777 which I've read (i.e. have no real experience with) is a total dog on VAS.

Thank you to everyone who responded. With the pending delivery of my SSD next week, I made my first software purchases today.

I bought P3D, FTX global, FTX vector, and REX 4. They seemed like a good place to start.

Since Pilots Global Mesh will have to be a DVD set delivery, I've held off on it for now. It's good to know I can add it without worry, knowing you all have had success with it.

If the ORBX Scenery is half as good as the fast and helpful responses I've gotten in these forums, I'm going to be very happy. ^-^

Oh, time to throw one of those cutomer tags in my signature.....exciting times, only to get better next week. ;D

I know the feeling about being behind, and FTX Global Base/Vector and LC have been one of the best purchases I've mad for my sim. I don't have Global Mesh yet (I still use my old FSGenesis Mesh I got back in '09.) and I'll update to that when I update to p3d in the near future.

Done (apart from the mesh disks).  I take it the ice squares are an FSX season issue, not Vector.  This is just out of KLCI:
7HTLK.jpg

As you can see, the weather was fairly socked in here, so I couldn't explore too far. Off to Europe to see if I fare better there.

Mike

Mickel. Your strange ice squares look like the problem I just got resolved (with much Forum/ORBX help). Check your Settings/Scenery Library to make sure that your FTX/Global/Vector entries are in the proper sequence (see the User PDF in FTX Central for help). If the scenery layers are in the wrong order, they conflict. If they are in the right order, they don't. Best wishes on your new ORBX adventure--when you get it all sorted out, there's nothing that's more fun than exploring this whole new world!

I suspect you're right. I finally got to Europe last night and had some weird things going on. I had patches of what it's supposed to look like (which looked really good), and patches where it didn't. It's something wrong with what I'm doing, so I'll do some reading here and see what I can sort out.

Mike

My ssd arrives in the next couple days. If you figure anything out, Mickel, let us know.....I'll be installing everything, including Global and Vector, and hope to not have squares. ::)

Also, thank you Mr. Venema for the Vector 1.2 patch reminder. I may have not noticed and assumed the Vector I just bought this past weekend was the latest.

Now I have everything downloaded, and just need my ssd to install it all on. Here's hoping the install goes fairly smoothly. ^-^

Archived