Nvidia driver 344.48 with dynamic super resolution

Kulbit

Gave it a try and was disappointed. The overal image looked too blurred. I am flying the Aerosoft Airbus 318. Text on the screens was clearly more blurred than without this option. I tried 2x and 33%. I also had some kind of weird bloom moving around when I looked around with TrackIR as if the blurring was blurring things differently all the time. Looked very unpleasant. I lowered the smoothness setting but I had to turn it complete off in order to get rid of the blurriness and the odd bloom and that left me with a shimmering jaggy mesh...

I will try a few other settings this weekend but for now I can't say I liked it. On the contrary. The driver itself seems to perform the same as the previous one btw. I flew a flight I also flew the day before and things got a bit choppy at the same time and location so... all in all I might as well have skipped this one. But who knows, maybe another DSR setting will do the trick for me... 

Sherm click on the OFF and a drop down appears , select your value...

@Rod  a 560M is mobile   this driver is not for it there is one for mobile cards...

Jorge

Hi Aeronauta. When I click on the "off", a box opens but it offers no other option than "off". I wonder whether a reinstallation of the driver is in order.

Sherm

This is what you should see

Zr1C.jpg

I suggest following the advice above, re-install the 344.48 driver and use custom install and

select the clean install option.

When you do see the options, tick the ones you wish and click on Apply at the bottom right of the page.

When you have activated the ones you wish to try or use, go to the

Change Resolution screen and you will then see the choices you selected

SfANU.jpg

Select the one you want and click on Apply at the bottom right

of that page.

@ J van E,

I would suggest that 2.0 is too high, I would suggest 1.5 at 30%,

then if you have Nvidia Inspector, set the FSX profile at Nvidia default

and then set only 4xSGSS.

This removes all the blurring and leaves only the improvements.

If you still don't like it, fair enough, it's not obligatory.

thanks, gentlemen....

actually, even without the DSR settings, I have achieved the look and performance which is at or near my sweet spot. I do not know whether the latest driver is the reason, but I am now getting the color depth and contrast that I find very pleasing. I am also using Steve's DX10 Fixer and SweetFX. Whatever is happening, is working. 

qCpEA.jpg

Sherm

I take it you have been un-successful getting DSR operational. But still, I agree Sherm, your screenie looks good, probably a combination of the New driver and SweetFX, is this the first time SFX has been used, if so the bloom alone will make the coloration more vibrant and life-like.

Hi Jeff...I have been using DX10 Fixer since Steve began selling the first version. It took me a while to find the right combo with SweetFX, but now that I have it, I am done tweaking....uh, until the next time, of course... >:D

Sherm

Makes a noticable differnce to me as well, seems to smooth everything out nicely..no difference in appearence, but frame rates seem more stable. usually 60-70fps for my system, with pretty heavy settings, specs in signature for anyone curious.  8.5 for radius dense or extremely dense for all the sliders, 2xmsaa, 4xanistropic....Does lag pretty hard in NYC or similarly heavy areas, but thats to be expected, and as long as it doesnt turn into a slideshow i can deal with it.

Can you guys explain what this does? Kinda skeptical about updating my video card drivers unless this really will increase FPS dramatically for me.

Always a good idea to keep the drivers current...But yes, in my case atleast there was a noticable difference in performance with this new driver.

If the new driver seems maybe to bring a little more smoothness to P3D on my rig, I do not see, on my 2560*1440 27" monitor, any clear improvement in picture quality  that DSR is supposed to bring . I experimented 1.5x and2x + 33% without changing anything else.

Howard and others.  The driver, DSR and NI combined have given me a performance that is so good, that I am superstitious enough to believe that I shouldn't have said it.  Hero to zero in 10 seconds that's me.

However, scenery still lacks crispness and I hope that in it's next iteration LM can resolve this.

I overcome this small limitation by using real weather, and the European haze smooths everything out.  My comment is only a little lighthearted as I believe those who venture into the real world of aviation have to learn to cope with what is there.

I put up a screenie today from SE Queensland and our haze is both dense and frightening given the bushfire potential.

Just installed this 344 driver and set the DSR to 1.2/30.  I'm running FSX/DX10 with Steve's fixer and set using Adam's guide.  Inspector has all my card settings although not, of course, DSR.  Should I go back to NVidia control and what, if any, AA settings need adjustment?

Archived