FSX autogen density

Dazkent

Hello

I am trying to fine tine my system for the best smoothness, At the moment I lock my frames at 30 in the sim and use 1/2 refresh rate vsync in nvidia inspector. I am checking out FTX Wales around Cardiff and I have noticed that it is quite heavy on frames so I have moved my Augogen slider back one notch to Normal. the question I have is will I still see the Points of Interests if I leave it at this setting? and can someone explain to me exactly the difference is between each Autogen density as I really dont want to miss out on all the goodies Orbx provides.

I have found that if I have the Autogen density set too high such as Dense I sometimes get the occasions black ground tile or Dark blue one over water so  if anyone can provide me with any CFG tweaks that would make things better that would be great ( I use HIGHMEMFIX and Texturemaxload=12)

Kind regards

Daz

System spec I7 4770K 4.2ghz, GTX770 2GB, 8GB Ram, Windows 7. 512GB SSD

Hi Daz, the POIs are not regulated by the autogen density slider but by the scenery complexity slider. Most of the objects in the scenery, the custom models i mean, are programmed so they are dispayed all with the minimum scenery complexity set to normal. If you set it to sparse, you will loose all the POIs.

Regarding the autogen density, most of the machines can handle a dense setting without problems. There are particular areas in the simulator by the way heavy enough so that maybe the performances are not excellents.

I never don't go below dense setting with the autogen because i like a 3D scenery. On normal setting is particularly empty, but it depends on your taste :)

Hi Dazkent,

You may wish to try this tweak is your FSX.cfg, it's a good compromise between dense and very dense autogen and you may play with the numbers that best suits your config without loosing too many building and trees. I dont know the default figures but it is worth a try.

TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=1700
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=2000

I have done it for me (same fps and nvidia settings as yours) and it really helped in densed cities keeping flying smooth in 99% situations.

Regards, Patrick 

Hi Daz, the POIs are not regulated by the autogen density slider but by the scenery complexity slider. Most of the objects in the scenery, the custom models i mean, are programmed so they are dispayed all with the minimum scenery complexity set to normal. If you set it to sparse, you will loose all the POIs.

I never knew that either.  That makes things easier to understand. Grazie.

Doug

• 5 months later...

Hi all

I remember that i readed when i was on FSX a post which explained how to calculate the density of trees & buildings for a unit square surface in FSX

this tweak explained that you have to divide this square surface unit by the average surface size of building that give you the number of building to set in .cfg

same thing for the tree

have we something like that in P3D

Thierry

Hi there,

for the technical information about the TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_ tweaks see this post in our FAQ: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/17144-terrain-max-autogen-tweaks/?hl=terrain_max_autogen

The basics of the autogen placement/density system haven't changed in P3D so this applies to both FSX and P3D.

Cheers, Holger

First of all try running with frames rate "unlimited". It definitely helps mine.

Also depends where you are flying. This is a farm behind me at KCMI. I can make it all but disappear except for the house depending on which density setting I use. For me in the Midwest I like to see all the farms. Of course I stay out of Chicago with max density.

2015-3-25_3-52-21-775.jpg

Daz, did you really mean to say you have your TML set to 12? The max usable by FSX is 2048. That's where mine is set. (FSX DX10).The default is 1024 I believe.  You can keep your setting locked in with a free program called Texture Max Load Editor. If you don't lock it in it will revert back to default whenever you make setting changes of any kind within FSX. I would have attached the .zip for the installer but I didn't see where I could do that. A Google search will find it though.

JJ

• 5 years later...
On 6/10/2014 at 15:17, patrickjorand said:

Ciao Dazkent,

Potresti provare questo tweak con il tuo FSX.cfg, è un buon compromesso tra autogen denso e molto denso e puoi giocare con i numeri che meglio si adattano alla tua configurazione senza perdere troppi edifici e alberi. Non conosco le cifre predefinite ma vale la pena provare.

TERRAIN]

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL = 1700
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL = 2000

L'ho fatto per me (stesse impostazioni fps e nvidia delle tue) e mi ha davvero aiutato nelle città densamente popolate a continuare a volare senza problemi nel 99% delle situazioni.

Saluti, Patrick 

Archived