purduekev

Some great shots here!

Very nice shots.

Cheers,

Ruud

Love 1,3 and the last one the most.

Beautiful shots.

Nice shots. Is there a jet fighter in the last picture or is it just a smudge on the lens? ;)

In the last shot is a bomber ;)    Fantastic shots btw!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone! - good catch Dolf and Rick, in the last shot there was an F/A-18 out of China Lake that just happened to be passing overhead. 8)   It is not Photoshop, that is one of the AI drones that simulate military traffic on PilotEdge.  At Inyokern you have to keep your head on a swivel and stay west of the field to ensure you bust the China Lake military airspace or blunder into the path of a Hornet.

Very nice Kevin!!

Excellent shots, Kevin.

Sure do like the Cardinal. You make her look great.

But, how did you get the F-18 in there?

Jim

Thanks guys!

Jim - I did that flight while logged in to PilotEdge (online ATC), which has AI drones flying around to simulate military and VFR traffic that aren't on the radio.  KIYK is right up against the China Lake Naval Weapons Station airspace and there were a pair of F-18's making high-speed runs from the range over the airport and back.  You have to stay west of the airport and below a certain altitude to ensure you don't blunder into their operations.  I just happened to catch one in the frame when I took the photo on the ramp. 8)

Archived